Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:04:07 AM EDT
I currently have a DPMS lower receiver mated to my GG&G Dominator 1 upper.  I was looking at buying a stripped lower receiver to replace my DPMS.  Nothing wrong with it, just want a different one.  I was looking at Spikes, Mega, and a blem Noveske.  What would you guys choose?  The Spikes and Mega run $100 and the blem Noveske $150.  Thanks for the opinions.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
keep it and buy another or do not replace it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
All good choices just decide which logo you like best and go for it. Why do you want to do away with the dpms?
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure, just been looking around and kind of like the other three.  The DPMS was the cheapest thing I could find at the time.  Not saying that DPMS is second class but I could build something off of a better quality lower for around the same price.  A buddy of mine has been wanting to build an ar so I might sell him my lower minus the ACE stock and Magpul grip.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I can see not point in replacing your current lower but to answer your question, Mega. Even if it was the same price as the Noveske, I'd still say Mega
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#5]

a lower is a lower is a lower (except for Vulcan/Hesse)

don't get caught up in the hype, if your lower is in spec (which I'm assuming it is because all the parts are apparently in and working) there is no reason to switch. it's just a piece of aluminum to hold the parts.

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#6]
dude where can you get a blem Noveske for $150 ?..hook me up with a link
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1462
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top