Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 12:39:13 AM EDT
I am building a lightweight AR for my second rifle. I would like to get a good stock that looks good and is comfortable. I'm looking for something other than the A1 and A2 stocks. I'm open to telescoping stocks and fixed. The ones I have been looking at are the ACE,Vltor and the Magpull. Any feedback on these three or any others you like would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What stocks do you like best?

Well, if it's not a preban with telestock, I like the A1.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are talking preban, in carbine stocks I like the Vltor and the RRA 6-pos.  Good gear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I would use a 4 poss. car telistock you can buy them for new for $30 and you can pin it if your is a post.

You can always get a rubber buttpad for it $10 more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
postban = ACE
preban  = telescopic (this IS the reason ya got a preban anyways, lol)
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Post ban or Pre ban, Vltor's my choice.

The second best Car stock is the Crane, followed up with the Colt ACR.

Good luck on your decision.

ls
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Ace stocks on postbans.
But if it's a preban, telescoping.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Telestock on the preban and a stubby with a 1" spacer on the post ban.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The Ace and VLTOR are both nice...I've got the VLTOR club foot A1 length, it's perfect in terms of length, and with the club foot, I can actually shoot from the bench with no problem.  

The ACE is more of a pain if you're bench shooting, but it too is a very sturdy, well made stock.  

I've got an LE (stubby) stock, and have to agree with most people that you need the spacer to get much use out of them (unless you're always wearing body armor).

I've also got the post ban CAR stock on my lightweight...I certainly don't feel it's as bad as some folks think, at least from the comfort standpoint.

I will, at some point, check out one of the ACE tube stocks for the lightweight rifle...I think I ready it weighs 5 oz...basically, it's just a foam tube for over the receiver extension, and a piece that comes down from the end of the extension that goes against your shoulder.  

Too bad they want $90 for it...they must me using a VERY expensive foam piece [:D]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
VLTOR and Magpul.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Magpul, nothin compares...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Magpul, no doubt. I've broke too damned many cheap telestocks to bet my life on any of that design. The VLTOR stocks are just fine by me though... If they would have hit the market 6 months sooner, I'd be using one in lieu of the M93.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Granted, the ACE ultralite is a bit high priced, but im at 9.5 lbs. with full clip, sling, and night vision. Not sure on durability. I bought three buffer tubes, just in case.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Postban=A1

Preban=A1

It gets the job done.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone seen Ace's telestock up close and personal?  Looks like a nice product...looks like the boom tube stock but it collapses.  Can't post pics, but it's on their site under ar15/m16 accessories.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top