Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2004 12:45:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:57:09 PM EST
From my own notes, definitely CA, NY, NJ and MA. Also possibly HI. CT strangely enough does not ban them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:05:57 PM EST
I believe HI, it can't be higher than 15 rounds, and CA can't be higher than 10 rounds.

But from the looks of it, CA buyers can buy replacement magazine bodies/parts to repair damaged pre-existing magazines. As a few buddies stuck in the PRK buy from www.hicapmagparts.com....you might have good sales if you can beat their prices, as I think they're the only game in town.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:03:27 PM EST
In hawaii you can not have any mags that can fit a PISTOL over 10 rounds so an ar15 mag is out, However you can have 20/30 rnd mags for rifles (ie mini 14/M14/ak47 etc etc)as long as there has never been a pistol version of it produced for the sale to public your good to go..
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:55:43 PM EST
Aardvark

Correct about CT. I can load a 40 rd mag into my post-ban, but if my AR has a bayo lug, that's evil.

Politicians who sit on their heads and think with their @sses.

Daddy always said, if there is no good reason, there's a bad reason.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:25:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By centermass69:
In hawaii you can not have any mags that can fit a PISTOL over 10 rounds so an ar15 mag is out, However you can have 20/30 rnd mags for rifles (ie mini 14/M14/ak47 etc etc)as long as there has never been a pistol version of it produced for the sale to public your good to go..

This is exactly correct. I can have HK91 mags of any capacity, but no AR15 mags over 10 rounds. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Even though I don't own an AR15 pistol, I still can't own the mags. I see guys at the range all the time who don't know or understand this rediculous law. The RO just informs them not to bring them to the range anymore. BTW, it is a misdemenor to posess Hi-cap AR15 mags, which turns in to a felony when a Hi-cap is inserted in to an AR. Figure that one out.

However, it is only illegal for people here to possess them. A person or company sending Hi-cap mags to the islands is not breaking any laws. So, BravoCompany, you can take Hawaii off the no-send list.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:29:47 PM EST

well you can scratch the AK-47 off the list because there has been ak-47 pistols available
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:55:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:

well you can scratch the AK-47 off the list because there has been ak-47 pistols available

That's funny, I see AK mags for sale in all the gun shops here. No AR mags, though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:43:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 7:44:50 PM EST by MikeMD]
In Merryland we have a stupid 20 round rule. Anything over 20 rounds is not to be sold or transfered or shipped into the state. A person can buy them out of state and drive them back. No restriction on pre-94 or post-94, just capacity.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:56:02 PM EST
In New Jersey, the maximum capacity for any mag is 15 rounds. That doesn't mean they can't be shipped into NJ. Your call on that one. The LEO markings mean nothing and there is no referral to the defunct federal ban.

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm."

Any person who knowingly has in his possession a large capacity ammunition magazine is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree unless the person has registered an assault firearm pursuant to section 11 of P.L.1990, c.32 (C.2C:58-12) and the magazine is maintained and used in connection with participation in competitive shooting matches sanctioned by the Director of Civilian Marksmanship of the United States Department of the Army.

Nothing in this section shall apply to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard, or except as otherwise provided, to any law enforcement officer while actually on duty or traveling to or from an authorized place of duty, provided that his possession of the prohibited weapon or device has been duly authorized under the applicable laws, regulations or military or law enforcement orders.

Nothing shall be construed to prevent any licensed retail or wholesale firearms dealer from possessing that ammunition or large capacity ammunition magazine at its licensed premises for sale or disposition to another licensed dealer, the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard, or to a law enforcement agency, provided that the seller maintains a record of any sale or disposition to a law enforcement agency.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:46:39 PM EST
Top Top