Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:57:04 AM EST

I am (eagerly) awaiting the arrival of my N4 Noveske Carbine (14.5 barrel, plus pinned Vortex, and Vltor stock). I would like to get a soft case but don't know how long the weapon is overall or what size case would fit it best.
thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:55:43 AM EST
A 42 inch case will suit your needs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:48:17 PM EST
I thought the weapon was closer to 30". I figured something closer to a 34" case.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:55:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By MarshMaster:

I am (eagerly) awaiting the arrival of my N4 Noveske Carbine (14.5 barrel, plus pinned Vortex, and Vltor stock). I would like to get a soft case but don't know how long the weapon is overall or what size case would fit it best.
thanks

You may want to consider one of these.

http://www.wallerandson.com/Long_soft_safe.htm

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:11:56 PM EST
I am using these, they are from Condor. They seem to be well made (so far) and do not cost an arm and a leg. I recall them being $70 at one of the local shops. I use the 36" for my AR and SIG and a 40" for my Mossberg930. They have straps on the inside a concealed storage area and three pouches for mags or ammo or???

Sir James...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:13:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By SirJames556:
I am using these, they are from Condor. They seem to be well made (so far) and do not cost an arm and a leg. I recall them being $70 at one of the local shops. I use the 36" for my AR and SIG and a 40" for my Mossberg930. They have straps on the inside a concealed storage area and three pouches for mags or ammo or???

Sir James...

OOOPS forgot to attach the pic
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:16:37 AM EST
MarshMaster-

The AR15, when collapsed, is 32.5". Since most keep their carbines stored with the stock retracted, the popular choice for soft-sided case is 35"-37".

There are many manufacturer options, with the I-Shot SERT case at the top of the heap.

Other options include the Galati cases, of which there are a couple of quality-grades. Plus, they support this website. Their XT model is a very good one. I like the way it holds its shape and the quality of materials. They (Galati) feature very good zippers, storage pockets for magazines, or various accessories and a flat zippered pocket for paperwork or other valuables. (see below)

Galati 35" Premium Case

Galati Photo:

The I-Shot SERT case is the best I have seen, and is modular in that you can add components. The only drawback is cost, but it is worth every dime if you are inclined to buy the best. You didn't skimp on the Noveske, so may want the best case for it.

Click HERE for the I-Shot SERT case

Gratuitous photos from the I-Shot website, and taken by our very own Edwin907, who wrote a must-read review of the case. A link to the review is provided on the website.

For SBR owners, the 30" case is a must-have. I keep my favorite 10.5" rig in this case and would highly recommend it for others with shorties.
Top Top