Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/20/2009 3:11:08 AM EST
I've just odered the last batch of small parts to finish a build, My first.
I realized I didn't order the gas tube roll pin and dont want to pay shipping charges for a .75 piece.
Surely I can pick up a roll pin at a hardware store, I just don't know what size it is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:08:42 AM EST
not sure of the exact size, but i found it useful to pick up a cheap assortment from harbor freight or some other cheap place. i have used it to pin my stock and various other tasks around the shop. paid like 10 bucks and it should last a long time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:53:33 AM EST
Thanks for the reply, that's a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:07:03 AM EST
Yesterday I picked up a rollpin for my bolt catch. At the hardware store the lengths were all limited, but the diameters were what I needed. Just pick up a bunch, match the diameter, and cut to length with a dremel (before you tap it in.)

They were 13 cents each.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:08:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:39:43 AM EST
They are 5/64" and not usually found at local hardware stores. Some bolt supply compaies sell pins might look there if you have one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:47:45 AM EST
Gas tube roll pins are 5/64" diameter.

No one around here sells a 5/16" long pin, so I get 1" pins and shorten them.

I learned the hard way to install a new roll pin every time the gas tube is removed/reinstalled.
Top Top