Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:34:32 AM EST
OK, the Surefire turbo head is 2.5" diameter. Has anyone here used a Butler Creek flip-open scope cover for theirs instead of the Surefire brand cover? Do you use the 2.5"(size 48) or 2.461(size 47)?
Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:14:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By MAINEiac:
OK, the Surefire turbo head is 2.5" diameter. Has anyone here used a Butler Creek flip-open scope cover for theirs instead of the Surefire brand cover? Do you use the 2.5"(size 48) or 2.461(size 47)?
Thanks,
Dan

Don't those heads get really HOT when on for an extended run time? Would the plastic melt? Just a thought.

Paladin
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:00:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:09:15 AM EST
new-arguy,
Thanks for the input. I want to help guard against "white light ADs", protect the lens and hide the reflection from the lens/reflector. I don't mind spending the extra money if I get something for it, but what exactly will I get for the extra $ from Surefire?
Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:11:36 AM EST
I have a Surefire M500B and got one of the lens covers. It didn't take too long to decide that I hated that setup. I am one of the worst for "babying" my expensive weapons, but opening the cover and having it stay place and out of the way while shooting was a pain.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:32:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 1:33:19 PM EST by kenjgood]
We just ran a Precision Rifle in Low Light class last week.

I had my High-Speed, Low-Drag SureFire Tip-off filter on my SureFire M4 (2.5" bezel)

The guy next to me had a Butler Creek on his SureFire M3 Turbo. (2.5" bezel)

After securely clamping the SF filter on my light and activatiing it, I was still getting some light out the side of the filter. I was not very happy to say the least.

The Butler Creek had no such issue. Will it pop-open easier, yes.

The Butler Creek is lower profile, lighter in weight, and less expensive. My next purchase is this tip-off filter.
Top Top