Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 2:11:02 PM EDT
I have a list of things i wanna do but not sure on which to tackle first. I use my gun as a target/varminter..but the gun JUMPS when i shoot...i despise this..dont kick but jumps. has a 24" SS hbar barrel.

things i wanna do.

1. get a rate reducing buffer such as a (MGI)
2. buy 1000rounds of Black Hills 55gr FMJ
3. get the barrel threaded for a muzzle brake and buy a muzzle brake
4. get the complete gun duracoated in woodland camoflauge.

where would you guys start>
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:21:49 PM EDT
buy ammo and practice holding onto it while firing

in all seriousness.. how are you shooting it?.. are you crossing your arms using your left hand to support the stock or using it to support the handguard?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:23:34 PM EDT
If an AR with a 24" SS HBAR "jumps" then the next thing you spend the money on should be a rifle in a real caliber so you can see what "jumping" really is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:49:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JE3146:

in all seriousness.. how are you shooting it?.. are you crossing your arms using your left hand to support the stock or using it to support the handguard?

I've tried both...and when i say it jumps the bipod leaves the bench. I plan on buying all the things i got listed just debating on where to start.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:51:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By in_burrito:
If an AR with a 24" SS HBAR "jumps" then the next thing you spend the money on should be a rifle in a real caliber so you can see what "jumping" really is.

I have a Thompson Encore rifle in 30/06 is that considered a real caliber?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 9:02:47 PM EDT by theshootersden]

Originally Posted By Rooster3:

I've tried both...and when i say it jumps the bipod leaves the bench. I plan on buying all the things i got listed just debating on where to start.

A .223 with a 24" barrel jumps? Oh my
You should try shooting my REM 700P in .300 RUM caliber, now thats a jumper
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:12:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:

Originally Posted By Rooster3:

A .223 with a 24" barrel jumps? Oh my
You should try shooting my REM 700P in .300 RUM caliber, now thats a jumper[/quim

im willing to shoot anything once.
Top Top