Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 3:37:01 PM EDT
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
One of my best friends was killed on a motorcycle 2 weeks ago. I knew him for 30 years. He has a Liberty safe with about 15 guns in it. There are two Bushmasters in there that are mine. He stored them for me, I don't have a safe.  I have copies of the 4473s, and receipts from the gun shop.
His 2 daughters(18 & 23) "say" I will get my ARs, but I'm starting to doubt them. His family is saying they are acting very greedy and cold hearted. His sisters and fiance are sick over how these 2 girls are acting. Already going to malls and shopping with his money. I'm trying to be cool, but I'm ready to get the police involved. No will has been found, the oldest daughter has Power of Attorney.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a gun cabinet and fit in your home.
Visit Police station and ask for assistance in recovering your guns.
They should accompany your there and make sure you are safe.

I'd like to think

Good luck and I'm very sorry about your loss. I am a biker of 20+ years and I've lost a few dear friends. I know how you feel.

Be safe
Taffy
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
My girlfriend is an att...(no jokes please)
I suggest to get a sherrif ASAP.... let them know your situation and that you have proof of ownership...

Sorry for your loss...

Just our .02
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss...

+1 on the above, I think the most important thing is to act soon, and the second thing is to not show up without a 3rd party set of eyes, namely LEO.  Be totally cool, you have all kinds of reasons to take LEO along, for "everyone's safety so that LEOs handle the guns" or whatever. Then when it's done, there can be no question of improper behavior...

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top