Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:09:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 2:31:00 AM EDT by blueshot3]
Sorry guys I posted this earlier in the wrong place and did not use a poll counter I have not posted much on this forum but I think I got it straight this time

Oh ya Irons don’t count I just want opinions on optics. hanks

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:51:11 PM EDT
EOTech...........................out to about 400

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:17:14 PM EDT
My eyes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:26:45 AM EDT
Irons.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:26:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ellery_Holt:
Irons.

Ditto.... ya panzies.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:36:29 AM EDT
I strongly believe if you can’t shoot with irons you have no business using any optics
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:20:28 AM EDT
irons is fun but i use the acog to get the advantage and cause im a pimp like that
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:32:29 AM EDT
EOTech 552 Rev F!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:27:13 AM EDT
i use a cheap ass $29.00 BSA scope on a 1942 mosin nagant and still tag em at up to 300 yards. why, because i cant afford those nice little toys like Aimpoint and EOT.... will accept donations!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:51:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 6:53:00 AM EDT by RictusGrin]

Originally Posted By blueshot3:
I strongly believe if you can’t shoot with irons you have no business using any optics

Still a lot of folks saying "irons".

I prefer my EOTech to my M68, and both are good well past 100 meters.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:56:02 AM EDT
Well, he said optics, so, silly me, I actually thought he meant some sort of aiming device other than my eyes

BTW, I love using irons, but I was just answering the question asked.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:57:01 AM EDT
EOTech for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:38:22 PM EDT
Aimpoint's work pretty good ......

Irons are what you say when you don't own a Optic that increases your speed and accuracy

Nothing wrong with irons, but that was not the question.......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:12:59 PM EDT
Aimpoint...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:33:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:37:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CSGunWorkscom:
I have two but vote for one!
www.csgunworks.com

If EoTEch had a 3-4MOA dot then maybe they would work for me. Until then, only Aimpoint M2s.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:11:24 PM EDT
EOPoint or Aimtech, both work for me.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2005 3:32:33 AM EDT by cgv69]

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
EOTech 552 Rev F!

+1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:27:59 PM EDT
ACOG, best there is IMO for 100 yards
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:04:06 PM EDT

How old are you...and I'm not trying to be a smartass by asking that. Once you get over 40, and need a different pair of glasses for every 3', it's easier to throw in the towel and get a friggin' red dot. Ask me how I know

Or, you could just pay $300 for a pair of glasses that puts the front sight post in focus. So ask me how many pairs of glasses I've lost or broken.

I can shoot okay with irons, but it's just SO much eaiser with something else.

You should see some of the bizzare setups the old Highpower geezers at my range have to try and see lol...they look like mad scientists.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:40:35 PM EDT
The problem I am having is not with my eye sight I’m 25 and still see great, but my Dad who is pushing 60 is in definite need for a red dot. I just cant convince him to switch to as he calls it some new fangled contraption. Oh by the way I feel that most older gentlemen who stitch to a red dot because their eyes have gone south usually have more practice with irons then me and if they had my eyes would probably do me shame. Being able to shoot well is one thing and life long experience is another.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:17:09 AM EDT
Hakko Tacpoint,holds up much better during hard use then any ACOG,Aimpoint etc...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:13:32 AM EDT

Tough decision between the Aimpoint and my TA11...if you would say, that without a doubt you will never have a shot outside 100 yards, I would say the Aimpoint has the advantage.

BTW - For those cheering for their irons...given a life and death situation, you should be looking for every advantage you can get and that is exactly what an optic is...an advantage. When I'm out punching paper and shooting cans, I enjoy using my irons just as much as an optic. But if it came down to defending my life you better believe the TA11 will be on my rifle.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:15:53 AM EDT
I had an Aimpoint CompM2 go a year in Iraq and only shifted 1/4" at 25 yards from the time we left and the time we returned to FTCKY. No one in between noticed the difference.

EOTechs look great, the unit that relieved us had a bunch, I just don't like the reticle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:49:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fenian:

How old are you...and I'm not trying to be a smartass by asking that. Once you get over 40, and need a different pair of glasses for every 3', it's easier to throw in the towel and get a friggin' red dot. Ask me how I know

Or, you could just pay $300 for a pair of glasses that puts the front sight post in focus. So ask me how many pairs of glasses I've lost or broken.

I can shoot okay with irons, but it's just SO much eaiser with something else.

You should see some of the bizzare setups the old Highpower geezers at my range have to try and see lol...they look like mad scientists.

I couldn't have said it better myself Feinian. It takes great effort for me to shoot with the irons now. Maby I should say time and effort instead. Takes me way to long squinting to get the front sight on the target. I still practice with the irons but 98 % of my shooting is with a Aimpoint. Funny thing is I wouldn't get a red dot till I tried my 16 year old sons and I was hooked.
I see guys at the range pistol shooting metal silhouettes using reading glasses so they can see the front sight. They say the silhouette is very fuzzy but they can accurately place their shots. Of course if it was a real person it could be their son they were shooting at and never recognize him.
I believe in using what works best. Now, where did I put my glasses? No not those, my distance glasses. My family is very patient with me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:50:57 PM EDT
My EOtech 552.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT
I must be blind as a bat cause at a 100 I can't see anything. I can hit siluetes but for precision shots I need some magnification.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:49:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nosmik:
I must be blind as a bat cause at a 100 I can't see anything. I can hit siluetes but for precision shots I need some magnification.

im in the same boat as you

nothing precision out that far but still minute of man with irons
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:35:40 PM EDT

The problem I am having is not with my eye sight I’m 25 and still see great, but my Dad who is pushing 60 is in definite need for a red dot. I just cant convince him to switch to as he calls it some new fangled contraption. Oh by the way I feel that most older gentlemen who stitch to a red dot because their eyes have gone south usually have more practice with irons then me and if they had my eyes would probably do me shame. Being able to shoot well is one thing and life long experience is another.

Once your dad see how effortless it is to shoot with a red dot, he'll be hooked, don't worry about that.

I've worn glasses for distance since me teens...but it's the need for reading glasses/bifocals that's the real pain...and the front sight of a firearm is in that area that's out of focus no matter what glasses I've got on, it seems.
Top Top