Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2006 3:58:55 AM EDT
Everytime I pick one up in the gunshop, show, or range, the diameter is the same size in the dual flip up aperature.

Just wondering.  It's one of those factoids you never pick up on unless you're told or you ask.  I'd like to know for zeroing...and if it's feasable to install a different aperature, like an A2....

Thanks,

H
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
on my colt slabside upper it has the two aperatures that are the same size but there is a "L" aper. which is slightly taller.

i use the shorter on on that upper.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
on my colt slabside upper it has the two aperatures that are the same size but there is a "L" aper. which is slightly taller.

What's the 'range' difference between them?  0-200 yards and 2-XXX yards?

I wonder if you could put an A2 aperature back there....?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can install a A2 aperture. I've done it. BSW
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an A2. Quick upgrade for the A1 system. Better sight picture.

Would use the "same plane" A2 if they wern't so expensive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I use an A2. Quick upgrade for the A1 system. Better sight picture.

Would use the "same plane" A2 if they wern't so expensive.

That's what I wanted to hear - thanks.  I too like the larger aperature.  But I very rarely shoot past 200 yards......I live in Maine.  So a rugged A1 upper design just....makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
With the exception of my SP-1, which I force myself to leave stock, all of my A1 uppers use the A2 aperatures.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the 'range' difference between them?  0-200 yards and 2-XXX yards?

I wonder if you could put an A2 aperature back there....?

The A1 sight system is set up so that when the unmarked aperture is BZO @ 250m, the L aperture is zeroed at 375m.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top