Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:34:58 AM EDT
I was sorting through some rear sight apertures and came across a strange one. I have pictures of it below. It has a large open aperature (larger than an A2 0-2 opening) and a small aperture with an L below it. Is this an M16A1 low light rear aperture for use with a tritium front?

Standard A2 is on the right in both pics

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure but it kinda looks like it is made to put different sized aperatures in like a NM
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I found out that this is a rear aperture from the old M16A1 Low Light Level Sighting System (LLLSS). It was to be used in conjunction with a tritium filled front sight post. My thanks to the person who sent me the info.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought those early 'glow in the dark' M16A1 sights were made using Promethium not Tritium.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I thought those early 'glow in the dark' M16A1 sights were made using Promethium not Tritium.

I believe you are right. It is Promethium not Tritium. My bad
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is Promethium not Tritium. My bad

No problem - just a bit of trivia.  Though I wonder why they didn't stick with the Promethium sights.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is Promethium not Tritium. My bad

No problem - just a bit of trivia.  Though I wonder why they didn't stick with the Promethium sights.

Because they could see the future was tritium?  har har
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top