Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 3:31:08 PM EDT
I've seen lots of posts for bsz for the AR but never one one the 762x39 AR. I normally shoot at less than 200 yards(mostly 50-100 yds) and wanted to know a good range to zero it at to cover the 25 to 200 range. It's for an ar47 don't you know. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, I sited mine in at 100 yards.  I figured with bullet drop I will still hit something in the chest at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If you zero at 30 yds., you will be 1.6" high at 100, back to zero at 157 and 2.7" low at 200. So, for iron sights, you just put it on the spot out to 200, with no hold over or under. If you were to zero at 100, you would be 5.6" low at 200. Since you want to be able to shoot quickly and accurately from 25 to 200, I'd say zero at 30. You'll have to check it at 100 and make any adjustments necessary. It's also a lot easier to see your target for sighting-in purposes at the shorter distance. 25 yds is a little extreme, making you 2.4" high at 100, coming back to zero at 186 yds. and only 0.9" low at 200.
This was done on the ballistic calculator on the Norma Ammunition site, using the 'design your own' button (they don't list any 7.62 x 39). I put in a ballistic coefficient of .350 and a weight of 124 grains, with a velocity of 2399 fps. Try it out - it's fun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys. How do you figure the "ballistic coefficent" or what exactly does that mean in laymans terms? I found another program sort of like that here:
[url]http://www.beartoothbullets.com/rescources/calculators/balistics/[/url]

I don't really know how to use it but you might enjoy it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top