Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 4:51:06 AM EDT
I have a RRA Car 9mm upper. Yay!

My extra set of KAC M4 handguards won't fit it. Boo!

So what railed handguards will? YHM? Not looking for anything fancy, just a place to attach a VFG.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My MI non freefloat fit my RRA 9mm midlength upper just fine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Surefire M73 fore-end.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
How won't they fit?  I'm planning on putting a set of m4 hg's on a RRA 9mm upper... ???
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How won't they fit?  I'm planning on putting a set of m4 hg's on a RRA 9mm upper... ???

The barrel is thicker under the FSB than a GI-contour M4 barrel, and the front of the top portion of the KAC M4 can't get under there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.   Do you think any other brand M4 hg's will fit?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
try using a punch to knock out the pin that holds that hook thing at the back top of the M4 RAS.  If you remove that, it might fit.  That is what I did to get it on my Hbar
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks.   Do you think any other brand M4 hg's will fit?  

I'll check tonight. I'll see if the 6920 handguards will fit, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

Quoted:
try using a punch to knock out the pin that holds that hook thing at the back top of the M4 RAS.  If you remove that, it might fit.  That is what I did to get it on my Hbar

That's not the portion that's not fitting, its the front side that won't fit under the thingeeamabob. Besides, I feel bad enough for ripping the heatshield out of it (even if it is more gooder that way!)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I put a KAC RAS on my RRA 9mm build.  I had to take the tension bar out of the top half to get the front to fit.  Still tight with the rear tension clamp intact... don't know if I'd mount any optics on it though.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top