Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:39:30 PM EDT
I am having trouble making up my mind between the Troy Front Battle Sight and the PRI rail mounted front flip sight. Can any of you owners or previous owners give me any ideas......thanks in advance....

BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a really hard time with this too. I went back and forth a few times before finally deciding on the PRI.  My biggest issue was that I thought it looked bulky compared to the Troy...who is bulky in the same right (when compared to...say, a KAC sight), but not quite as bad.  The big deciding factor for me was that I didn't care for the "paragraph" of writing that is on the front of the sight block.

After ordering the PRI from Talon Arms, I firmly believe that I have made the right choice.  It has great lines and the pictures of it on these forums really make it look bulkier than what it really is.  Paired with my ARMS #40L, it makes for a beautiful co-existance.   The build quality is everything that you would expect from PRI and the machining and finish is top shelf.

If you can overcome all the marketing BS on the front of the Troy sight and the slightly bigger mass of the PRI, I don't think either one would be a "wrong" choice.

Good Luck.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't go wrong with either.  I got the PRI and have since convinced several people to trade their Troy's for one.  Yes it is slightly bulkier.  Why people make a huge deal about that is beyond me when it won't make a difference in weight reduction.  Anyway, pros I see are I like the sight picture much better with the full hooded aperture, it has two allen bolts securing it and you can use a standard A2 sight tool instead of having to use an AK like the Troy.  I got mine from www.jtacsupply.com who also built this upper.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice weapon Josh!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top