Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2002 2:17:13 PM EDT
Other than the upper. What would I need to go be able to go shooting. I have heard talk about a spacer for the buffer? magwell adapter? etc. As what mags, do the magwell adapt use?

I plan on doing the conversion to use Sten mags, at some point in time. But for now, I want to be able to go shooting pretty much right from the word go.

Thanks,
Jamie
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Magwell adapter for modified Uzi mags, and a new hammer. Sometimes the hammer you have will work, but thats not likely. I dont have a special buffer for mine. You only need a spacer if you have the A2 length buffer tube, IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
fijfi,

First of all, the hammer.  Look at this pic.

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/c661b06/bc/Sten+project/ar15+hammers.jpg?bczrW_9AVRuRrJiL[/img]

The hammer on the right will work w/ the 9mm.  If your hammer looks like the one on the left, with the hook, it won't work.  Don't even try it, as it will lock it up....so I've heard.

Okay, now..... I have a Cav-15 and I'm using the stock 223 buffer and spring.  Works fine for me.

Mags, the factory mag well adapter is for Colt type mags.  Certain ones have "issues".  Hard to say which ones.  A trick/tip.  If you find a mag that is loose, getting some aluminum furnace tape and putting it on the non mag side can tighten them up.  I did that to a few mags and got them to work fine (range use).... this was before I did the Sten project.  You can find the aluminum metal tape in the furnace section of a large hardware store.  This is NOT duct tape.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Kaliburz,
 Thanks for the info. I'm gonna do the Sten Adapter also. Tomorrow I'm going to see if we have the mills for the machine. Nobody uses it as a mill, so I'm not sure if we even have the parts. I'm also going to see if my FFL will order me the adapter. Might as well let him save me some money for a change [;)]
By the way, I blame you and JAFO for getting me interested in getting a 9mm [}:D]

Oh yeh, I'm getting a RRA A2 [:D]

Jamie
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top