Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/20/2007 3:00:10 PM EST
I use my AR for rabbit hunting more than anything else. I'm pretty good with the irons at this point and feel like an optic might be a nice change.

Can anyone suggest a good optic for small, fast moving targets like rabbits? I'm currently running a 16" A2 upper but have a bare bones A3 lying in wait for a build.

What optic would work well for rabbits on an A2? How about an A3? (if it matters...)

I don't want to break the bank. maybe around $200~

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:30:48 PM EST
btt
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:15:30 PM EST
Rabbits are fast. Stay with the irons.
My 2¢.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:04:38 PM EST
red dot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:07:01 PM EST
200 is really limiting yourself, ESPECIALLY with the A2. Once you get the A3 built, your options increase dramatically. I would suggest a used eotech or used bushnell holosight (same as eotech but without the shrouds and additional protections)
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:35:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zack3g:
200 is really limiting yourself, ESPECIALLY with the A2. Once you get the A3 built, your options increase dramatically. I would suggest a used eotech or used bushnell holosight (same as eotech but without the shrouds and additional protections)

whatever you do don't get a holosight XLP... I have one of those on my shotty and it's worse than irons at times :-\... sometimes the dot runs... "blurrs"

and try to hit them in the head with the AR... there won't be anything left if you hit a shoulder or somthing and it splinters.
Top Top