Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:13:49 PM EDT
With all the new bullets and cartridges out there what will stick?

6.8 spc
6.5 Grendal

450 Bushmaster
458 SOCOM
50 Beowolf

I would love to set up a poll but I cannot membership has it perks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
they will all pass.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
edit your original post, now you can pop in that poll.  imo 6.8 i think will be around.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Considering both 50 Beo and 458 SOCOM are already getting "old" as they have been out since 2001 ....

You might be surprised ....
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I think some of the new loads will do well as the AR15 keeps gaining in popularity.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It seems like 6.8, 6.5G, .50B, 458S at least are fairly well established and are growing in popularity and scope of production every day.  6.8 has the benefit of being backed by major ammo manufacturers, but the others getting more press time with bigger and bigger companies.  I don't think they will die.  Not sure on the .450Bushy yet, as it is so new.  It was released by Bushy though, so that is a bonus for them, plus Hornady is making the ammo.  They have a jump on the others from when they were in their infancy.  It started with major backing.  We have seen some calibers go kaput too, like the .499LW (yes, everyone will say it is in redevelopment, but it is not out there right now and will be basically a new caliber if it ever comes out again), and others I am sure.  Seems like most do ok if they get some backing, even if it is small manufacturers.  The 6mmAR looks like a great caliber which is a 6.5G necked down to 6mm, but not sure it will get a strong market share, or the 7.62x40 or other "wildcats" that are probably great calibers, but may remain a niche market.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#6]
6.5 Creedmoor by far will be gaining more popularity among competition shooters than any you have listed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top