Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:38:28 PM EDT
Hey I have decided to add an optic to my ar and I have been looking at the Vortex PST and I need input on it.  Does this scope come with factory mounts?  I could not find anyone selling them that stated it came with a mount so I am assuming I need to buy one.  Is the Burris PEPR as good as anything else I will find?  I don't have much experience with mounting scopes so I don't know what features to look for I know Q/D is not high on my list of priorities.  any input is appreciated
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue LT 104 or an LT 139 will work fine. The P.E.P.R. mount has been known to have issues holding zero when removing the scope but would work fine if your on a tight budget. No sense in skimping on the mount for a quality optic though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at those larues and it seems like a good route if you really plan to take it on and off but I will probably mount it and leave it for quite a while.  is it really necessary to spend half the price of the optics on a mount?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an ADM.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get an ADM.
View Quote

Why exactly?  what are the merits and features?  I have seen them and cant tell much difference between them and the others.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't need the quick disconnect feature, I'd get the Larue LT104 with their "VFZ" mount. No QD and you save $50.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Bobro QD mounts. Lock up solid and do not have to manually adjust fit. I use the extended one on a 1-4 MTAC and the regular version on my 4.5-14 MTAC.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the ADM, just a little, over the Larue. For a non-QD the Aadland mount. The SWFA S.S.A.L.T. mount for a budget mount or Burris PEPR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have mine in an ADM Recon.  I shoot with my stock all the way out or one click in.  If you shoot NTCH you may need the Recon X.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top