Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 4:57:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 5:09:31 PM EST by pyro6988]
I just bought a new in the box olympic arms AR-15, but i am a little confused on what model it is. The barrel is stamped 9mm, the lower is stamped Cal. .223 5.56 MOD. P.C.R. serial 95.UK0XXX. I have the original QC worksheet which list the barrel as 9mm and under comment "New K9B Assy." Manufacture date 4/11/95. I bought if from a private individual who buys lots of guns and hasn't doesn't remember much about it. What is the story with it?

Also, I didn't get any magazines with it. What kind of magzines can i use with it?

Thanks for all the help
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:04:02 PM EST
Its a K9B. I believe it uses Sten mags.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:21:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 5:22:30 PM EST by mongo001]

Originally Posted By triburst1:
Its a K9B. I believe it uses Sten mags.

You need a magwell adapter for it. SOCOM is one, but I can't remember what the website is and Google didn't help.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:30:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 10:32:35 PM EST by black_heart]
You have a mix match rifle. The lower is a PCR and the upper is the 9mm barrel. Did you want a .223 or a 9mm? If you didn't want the 9mm, you can probably swap someone for a .223 in the equipment exchange. You'll see that button above next to HOMETOWN and above HELP. Olympic also has a "Owners forum" It's pretty small but they are very knowledgeable about Olympic products (not that there isn't a lot of knowledg here).

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:43:09 PM EST
PCR markings are on 9mm lowers also. All 94 on Olys are marked PCR. I don't know if they are now after the ban or not though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:09:25 PM EST
I'm not sure about the new lowers either. Olympic has made some major changes since the AWB sunset including a new web site design with new models. I know there are some Olympic employees on their forum who could answer the ? quckly. I know they are going go start offering Maxhard barrels now that the testing is done.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:24:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 4:25:33 AM EST by pyro6988]

Did you want a .223 or a 9mm? If you didn't want the 9mm, you can probably swap someone for a .223 in the equipment exchange.

I am in the group buy with SteyrAUG to get one of the Colt LEO 9mm carbines. But since there now a possiblitly that some of us won't be able to get them. I wanted to make sure I have one 9mm AR. If I get the colt, I will probably trade the upper for a .223 oly upper. Thanks for sugguesting a swap at the EE. I hadn't thought about it.

Thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:31:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By pyro6988:
I just bought a new in the box olympic arms AR-15, but i am a little confused on what model it is. The barrel is stamped 9mm, the lower is stamped Cal. .223 5.56 MOD. P.C.R. serial 95.UK0XXX. I have the original QC worksheet which list the barrel as 9mm and under comment "New K9B Assy." Manufacture date 4/11/95. I bought if from a private individual who buys lots of guns and hasn't doesn't remember much about it. What is the story with it?

Also, I didn't get any magazines with it. What kind of magzines can i use with it?

Thanks for all the help

The oly PCR rifles are numbered, Like mine is a PCR1 they go up to like 16 I think. Whats the number after the PCR on the receiver?
lil' side note if you are curious I know I was, PCR stands for politicaly correct rifle.(which mine no longer is)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:00:27 AM EST
Where is the number at on the reciever? hy.gif I wrote everything that was on the lower that I saw. I'll check when I go home for lunch.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:20:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By pyro6988:
Where is the number at on the reciever? I wrote everything that was on the lower that I saw. I'll check when I go home for lunch.

It will say P.C.R than a number, than the serial number IIRC. When I bought mine Oly it wore an A2 upper in 40S&W. The lower was marked Cal. .223 5.56mm P.C.R 1 and than serial number. some of the 9mm uppers use the converted sten mags with a mag well adaptor welded to the back of the mag like this hope this one shows up.

Some use a seperate magwell block IIRC and the sten mag, and there is no block welded to the back of the mag. Other than the price of the above pictured mags(they are like $65 for 32rd 9mm, and $79 for the 40S&W/10mm I like the ones with with magwell block right on them for the simple fact that I don't need a seperate mag well adaptor. I'd hit the forums over on the oly website for more info. I haven't really been following the oly pistol cal stuff all that closely since I got mine. That would be the best place to go though IMO.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:27:41 AM EST

It will say P.C.R than a number, than the serial number IIRC

It just says P.C.R. and then the serial number. I have a nice picture of it that I was going to put up, but I don't have any web space. I can send you the picture if you want to see it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:36:22 AM EST
Ya go a head and send it to me if you want, that would make it easier to tell you what you got. Just hit the email user button. it goes to my hotmail account.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:55:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By photoman:
Ya go a head and send it to me if you want, that would make it easier to tell you what you got. Just hit the email user button. it goes to my hotmail account.

When I hit the email user button, I don't see a place to add an attachment.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:59:34 AM EST
I looked at this post this a.m. and did not reply. Now I am just curious why you bought a weapon without knowing what you were getting?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:33:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1Walker:
I looked at this post this a.m. and did not reply. Now I am just curious why you bought a weapon without knowing what you were getting?

The person I got it from is a friend of mine. He was going to put it on gun broker if I didn't want it. I got it for only $450, new in the box. I knew it was worth more than that . More importantly, I really wanted a quality made 9mm AR. I just want to know the model to satisfy my curiousity, and find out what kind of magazines to get.
Top Top