Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:33:37 PM EDT
First, let me start off saying this.  I'm new to the forums, but not to the black rifle.  I spent 6yrs as active army and reserves.  My two MOS' are 13m and 88m.

I'm half way through the two week waiting period.  I'm picking up my first firearm.  What better then to get something I fimilar with.  Also when I was in the army, it was taboo to accessorize.  That was another reason to make my first weapon an AR15.

Now the reason I ask about the stock.  The AR15 I'm getting comes with A2 stock.  Something I want to change first.  My state bans Collapsible stocks.  I was thinking about buying a Collapsible stock.  Adjust the length to my liking.  Then glue it, so it wasn't Collapsible anymore.

If anybody was interested.  I'm picking up a used Bushmaster AK A3 16in Carbine.

James
http://members.cox.net/irocdaytona
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't want to just glue it... ATF has standards they expect to be met with the non-collapsible stock...

The way it needs to be "fixed" is by starting out with a buffer tube that is rifle length with no adjustment holes on it (it will also use the rifle length buffer, NOT the carbine type)... Then the stock body is drilled and then pinned to the buffer tube... Then the adjustment lever is attached to the stock body by screwing it to the buffer tube...

Your better off just buying one that's already "fixed"...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Two WEEKS
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Two WEEKS

Yes, those poor, poor people...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
i just did a pinned collapsable.  all i did was drill two holes and pin them with roll pins exactly the way bushmaster does them.  it is my understanding that as long as you need a tool to adjust the stock it is ok.  i can send pix if you need.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one for sale if you are interested.
Its the RRA version that came on my ar15.com 2001 LEGP.

IM me here if interested.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i just did a pinned collapsable.  all i did was drill two holes and pin them with roll pins exactly the way bushmaster does them.  it is my understanding that as long as you need a tool to adjust the stock it is ok.  i can send pix if you need.

Its not the way Bushmaster does them... Bushmaster uses a totally different buffer tube... Its done exactly the way I had described in my first reply...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Also you should consider both the A1 and the Sully fixed stocks. If you are going to have a fixed stock anyway, it might as well be more ergonomic than the M4 stock.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
it is my understanding that as long as you need a tool to adjust the stock it is ok.  i can send pix if you need.

The stock can not be adjustable with tool or by disassembly.
That is the reason for the rifle length buffer tube.
Thats my understanding.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I had an early Bushy that was blind pinned and glued to a regular 4 pos. carbine rec. extension. Was nothing a drill, patience and solvent couldn't fix... I have since religated to parts pile in favor of a Colt part. I think that blind pinning/epoxy in lock channel would be the way to go...but I'm no lawyer, agent, etc.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#11]
if you want a short stock get an ace entry or the shorty a2 stocks.  or if you must have the m4 type, a post ban like the others suggested.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the good info.  As buying anything, I'm waiting until have the AR15 in hand before I buy anything.

later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top