Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:59:46 PM EDT
I'm ordering a new "no-ban" Bushmaster m-4 and am planning on stocking up on mags. I heard that certain mags(the polymer ones especially) dont work in Bushmasters. Can anyone tell me why and what mags are the best. Bushmaster factory?

Cocked, Locked and ready to Glock
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
any USGI mags, i prefer DPMS magazines because i like the way the black teflon matches the BM rifle
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick with USGI. As for plastic mags, Thermolds work OK but avoid Orlites. The Orlite mags have a little lip that hits the bottom of the mag well before the catch engages. You can file off some of the lip and make them work, but it's better just not to buy them IMHO. Plastic mags have other issues too - just stick with USGI mags and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Any of the USGI magazines should work well, with the possible exception of some of the Cooper's.  Some of the Cooper magazines lack the quality of construction that the others exhibit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I use ALL the USGI's and no problems. I have one British new mag. I have not used the plastic mags. I prefer the 20 rounders with the alloy follower. 30 rounders look nice and evil, but for prctical shooting 20's are the way to go. I'm not a mag hoarder, but I have a dozen 30's and a dozen 20's....30's rarely get used anymore.

roy d
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]

What mags work best in a Bushy?

LOADED USGIs of course.

Colt,
Circle-K (OKay)
Center
Labelle
Adventureline...Etc, Etc.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Personally, I picked up a bunch of brand-new manufacture Labelle USGI mags, and they work great in Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
i like grey magazines, but black ones work well too. stay away from black plastic.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#8]
The Bushmaster LEO teflons are out and they are great! They have the green followers. I also picked up some Magpul followers that I eventually plan to put in them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Too bad they didn't have a Magazine Forum and FAQ or two....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#10]
you have plenty of time to read up on mags cause your bushy m4 is not going to arive anytime soon
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Too bad they didn't have a Magazine Forum and FAQ or two....

Magazine section just sales talk. Better in general discussions. Some just scan the active topics
section and dont regard where the post came from
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Magazine section just sales talk.

Sales are limited to the EE.  The Magazine forum is for discussion of MAGAZINE issues.

You'll find no better place for the infomation.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no experience with plastic AR mags, but the polymer 30rd mags we use on AK/RPK/Veprs work just fine and are actually better than the steel mags:
they're lighter, they do not rust, and they do not scratch up the receiver when inserting/removing. They don't crack (get Bulgarian waffle mags, the Polish mags crack at the lips).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top