Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2010 5:58:11 PM EDT
What mag follower is best?  I have both plastic ones (darg black ones) and plain metal ones.  Is there a difference between them and if so, which is better?

I was going to buy replacement DPMS green polymer ones from Midsay USA to replace them in all of my magazines but decided to ask here before spending anthing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What mag follower is best?  I have both plastic ones (darg black ones) and plain metal ones.  Is there a difference between them and if so, which is better?

I was going to buy replacement DPMS green polymer ones from Midsay USA to replace them in all of my magazines but decided to ask here before spending anthing.

If the metal ones are the alloy followers in straight 20's there's normally nothing to gain by changing followers.

If you're going to spend money upgrading followers in 30rd mags, just get Magpul anti-tilt ones.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm buying enough Mag Pul orange and green mag followers to test which ones work best.  The ones in four of my mags don't work 100% of the time.  Four other ones work 100% of the time but are metal (I wasn't sure if metal was a good thing or not, hence the original post).
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm buying enough Mag Pul orange and green mag followers to test which ones work best.  The ones in four of my mags don't work 100% of the time.  Four other ones work 100% of the time but are metal (I wasn't sure if metal was a good thing or not, hence the original post).

IIRC Magpul doesn't make an orange follower....
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC Magpul doesn't make an orange follower....

Hmmm... I've got some from years ago. Not to "Hijack" this thread, but.....Does anyone have a list of all the colors Magpul made the followers in?

Link Posted: 7/3/2010 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an orange magpul follower a few years ago. Well I think it was dark orange
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have some old cp mags that came with MAGPUL orange followers back before they made their own followers
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Magpul
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What mag follower is best? I have both plastic ones (darg black ones) and plain metal ones. Is there a difference between them and if so, which is better?

You want actual field experience & ongoing (subjective) results?

5-6 months ago, I ordered 60 new CProducts Orange Followers ($1ea) and 60 chrome silicon springs ($0.50 ea) from Chad at CProducts.  I REPLACED the original green and some black followers & all the springs in 56 used preban USGI 30RD Aluminum mags I own (I cycle thru all of them yearly).  My USGI prebans are Center Industries (40), OKAY (5), LaBelle (3), DSL/Sanchez (5-the good ones), and Parsons (3) - all pre-1992 prebans.  I cleaned each mag with CRC Brake Cleaner, let it dry, then coated the inside with CRC Moly Dry Lube.  (Here's where I got the idea: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/perimedik/Magazines002.jpg.

The old post: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=477163&page=1)

Not one tilt issue, ammo feed issue, or ammo loading issue (with or w/o a LULA).  All the prebans now behave almost like a brand new CProduct USGI 30Rd Aluminum TEFLON Mag - Super Smooth follower movement with absolutely no tilt.  

I'd strongly recommend CProducts Followers over MagPuls, unless you gotta a platinum spoon in yer mouth or gotta thing with the MagPul "name brand".

To guys who say don't upgrade your old USGI's, man, they don't know what they're missing.

To guys who say go with MagPul Followers, they've got money to burn.  And that's fine.  99.999% of the time I get the SAME RESULT (IMHO), for 1/3rd the cost!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top