Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2007 12:44:53 PM EDT
Is there any type/make of mags I should use for a Bushmaster. I heard certin ones can cause problems. And any of you guys ever buy from centerfiresystems.com?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Bravo CO.  There's a link at the top of the page.  Thier mags are made by DH, and i'm pretty sure that's what came w/ur bushy
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont buy Colt magazines.

They dont make any, but they love to stamp their horse on other people's magazines and charge you a billion dollars.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
supposedly orlites won't work in older bushmaster lowers, but i haven't had any problems using orlites in mine.

most of my mags are D&H and i have several C products mags as well...  with a few older adventure lines mixed in there.  

pretty much anything you'll buy will work.  you just want to stay away from the junk(like USA mags...  orlites don't have a good reputation either.  same for the canadian thermolds, etc, etc.).  personally, i'd just buy whatever aluminum mag is cheapest - which these days seems to be C products.

ETA:  check this thread:

mag rankings
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
what about centerfiresystems.com?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Any good quality mag will work just fine in that rifle. Go with C-Products, DSG, or if you can hold out, The Magpul mags. I've run a ton of different brands of USGI mags through Bushmasters, and never had any trouble with 'em.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what about centerfiresystems.com?
i won't buy a magazine unless the vendor specifies the manufacturer.

it looks like centerfire is selling USA mags, C products, and i don't have the slightest idea who makes the "military surplus" magazine.

like i said, if they don't tell me who makes it, i won't buy it.  you could always call and find out if you wanted to...

ETA:  if this mag is made by a reputable manufacturer and unissued, that sounds to me like it would be a decent price.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My Bushmaster receiver has the notorious tight mag well.  Dryfilm coated mags including old straight 20s don't drop free until the coating is worn off.  The teflon coated (D&H) mags work just fine.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Bushmaster used to supply a teflon coated mag, I believe made by D&H.  The latest bushy catalog is shilling a "Molybdenum Disulphide" treated mag which they claim is far superior to teflon.  They also have new "anti-tilt" followers which they also claim are superior to the standard green followers.  These new mags are endorsed by the National Tactical Officers Association.

I have no idea what this means, and I am somewhat disappointed because I always made it a point to buy the teflon mags.  Now they tell me that I should have gotten the dry film instead.....  I will say that all my D&H mags and my Tapco mags are all teflon coated with the green followers, and I have never had a malfunction.  
Any standard AR mag should work in any AR, I guess it pretty much boils down to personal preference.  In this day of $10-12 mags, buy as many as you can afford of whatever style you choose.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Should military surplus be ok
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Should military surplus be ok
i would call to find out about the mag first.  it doesn't specify if it's new or used.  i'd hate to hear about you getting a hold of a bunch of dinged up , worn out mags that will need replacement springs and followers.

if i thought anyone would be there on a saturday night i'd call them myself to find out right now, but it looks like we'll have to wait until monday to ask.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]
GI mags work wonders for me, as do Bushys.  Those two types are the only ones I have used.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
44mag.com for the win. just ordered three 30 rounders for 38 with shipping
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#14]
My two bushys eat from any quality mag....just don't use the cheap steel mags out there....they make better vise accessories to hold your lower.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#15]
D&H is your best bet. Try BravoCompanyUSA to order some.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I just picked up a new Bushmaster O.R.C. on Friday, and the mag that came with it looks identical to the 3 AR-Stoner mags I picked up, except the OEM mag has the new Grey Magul Genn II follower with CS spring, and the Stoners have the green follower, and all four of them look identical to the 4 C Products LLC mags I have on my desk right now with the Orange Magpul Gen II follower with CS spring.  Other than the color of the followers, and the base plates they all look identical.  
On a side note they are all Aluminum Magazine Body with grey moly coating.  
And so far all fit the mag well, and drop free unassisted, and will lock in place on a closed bolt with 30 rounds in them.  Other than that I cannot tell you how they feed as I have yet to get to have time off work to fire the thing.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top