Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:02:10 AM EDT
This ammo has the markings "T W 7 3" and comes 50 rounds loose per sealed plastic bag. The case is brass, the primer is silver, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a sealant. I got this at the local mom and pop gun store and he got it so long ago, he doesn't remember where it came from. I got a bag for a steal and figured I might try it out and see how it does this weekend.

Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You got the 'unknown reloads' kind.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Be sure to close your eyes when you pull the trigger!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Twin Cities Ordnance Plant, Minneapolis, MN made in 1973
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Upon much closer observation, the cases appear to have extraction marks on them. So I guess I did buy unknown reloads (although as Las_Vegas_HK said, they probably were originally manufactured by/at Twin Cities Ordinance in 1973). Oh well, I guess it's a good thing they were so cheap. I'm kind of scared to shoot them now knowing this.

[Forrest Gump voice] Reloads are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. [/Forrest Gump voice]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
OT but Terd... do you visit the s2ki forum? I recognize your user name.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OT but Terd... do you visit the s2ki forum? I recognize your user name.

I am one and the same, the infamous terd ferguson of s2ki.com fame. Who are you on s2ki?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, this mystery ammo didn't blow up my rifle. It was actually quite good. A detailed range report can be seen here...

my detailed range report and new rifle review
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top