Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:45:59 PM EDT
I am new to this forum and just bought my second Olympic Arms rifle.  My first is a 16" heavy barreled rig the call the PCR-16.  It is a flat top with free float aluminum hand guard and I have installed a Mark Brown Custom rear Sight and a Flip up front from Olympic. I also installed an ace socom skeletonized stock.  With a scope I can do under an inch at 100 yards with most any ammo so I have to say that I was impressed from the start.  The thing that impressed me most was the price, I paid $600 new on sale.  The one that I just picked up is a 20" model called the PCR-8 Target match.  This is a like new used gun with about $250 worth of extras, Carry handle, flip up front sight, Harris bipod, extra 20 round mag.  I paid $750 for this gun.  Now that I have this gun , assuming that it shoots well, I will scope it with a 6.5x20 AO Nikon Monarch or 6.5X20 AO Leupold Vari X III and use it primarily for target and Varmint shooting.  This will allow me to trick out the shorter gun with some of the more miltary style toys like an Eotech sight , flash light etc. Back to my original questions, first what do you guys think of the Olympic arms guns?  Second question, I want a smooth but not overly light pull onthe short gun and a light clean pull on the second gun, what are your recomendations for triggers? If you don't like em let me know why I can take it.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am new to this forum and just bought my second Olympic Arms rifle.  My first is a 16" heavy barreled rig the call the PCR-16.  It is a flat top with free float aluminum hand guard and I have installed a Mark Brown Custom rear Sight and a Flip up front from Olympic. I also installed an ace socom skeletonized stock.  With a scope I can do under an inch at 100 yards with most any ammo so I have to say that I was impressed from the start.  The thing that impressed me most was the price, I paid $600 new on sale.  The one that I just picked up is a 20" model called the PCR-8 Target match.  This is a like new used gun with about $250 worth of extras, Carry handle, flip up front sight, Harris bipod, extra 20 round mag.  I paid $750 for this gun.  Now that I have this gun , assuming that it shoots well, I will scope it with a 6.5x20 AO Nikon Monarch or 6.5X20 AO Leupold Vari X III and use it primarily for target and Varmint shooting.  This will allow me to trick out the shorter gun with some of the more miltary style toys like an Eotech sight , flash light etc. Back to my original questions, first what do you guys think of the Olympic arms guns?  Second question, I want a smooth but not overly light pull onthe short gun and a light clean pull on the second gun, what are your recomendations for triggers? If you don't like em let me know why I can take it.  

Welcome to the board. Not Quite sure what your definition of "Light" is, but I would suggest the Knight Match Trigger. I'm not a fan of Oly Because they DO NOT chrome line their barrels and their parts tend to be cheaper.

Nathan

{edited to add some more "Stuff"}
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the Board  

Use the search function, you'll find tons of info on the questions posed. Happy Shooting
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top