Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2007 10:11:21 PM EDT
This is my first AR build and I though that I did all my homework so that this kind of thing wouldn't happen. It's a Mil-spec CMMG buffer tube and a Vltor Modstock. It won't collapse all the way and even if it did the buffer would stick out the back. I guess that I will just have to get a Vltor buffer tube to ensure compatibility, but would a LMT or Colt work.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a club foot with the vltor tube and it locks at the castle nut and is flush in the back. i also have a mil spec tube from dsa and the club foot fits the same on it.they are both 5 postion tubes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
you reciver extension (buffer tube) is mil-spec in dia but not in length.

ETA a Colt will work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats how CMMG makes their mil-spec tubes. They are tapered like the commercial 6-pos tubes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
that sucks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top