User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:57:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Flash hider.  Noveske Krink.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Krink.  And it's the greatest thing I ever put on my shorty.   Works like a champ.  There is a long
thread on it somewhere around here.......

ETA:  Here is a long thread about this thing.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=240358

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
BRAKE! Muzzle BRAKE!

Sorry, that's the grammar Nazi in me.

It's a flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a flash suppressor with a couple of nice bonuses.  It was originally intended to increase back pressure to help cycling in short barreled weapons, so the 10.5" barrel type weapons see a reliability improvement.  Also, it's not a sound suppressor but tends to redirect muzzle blast forward away from the shooter and teammates, also very helpful with the short barreled weapons.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If it's a flash suppresor then it doesn't do a very good job.  Shoot it indoors and you'll see a nice "torch" shape flame shoot out.

All it does is direct muzzle blast forward.  Not sure if anyone has actually chrono'd one to put the velocity debate to rest.  Supposedly Noveske's barrel also had something to do with velocity so someone will have to chrono it with the same barrel, Krink on and Krink off.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it's a flash suppresor then it doesn't do a very good job.  Shoot it indoors and you'll see a nice "torch" shape flame shoot out.

All it does is direct muzzle blast forward.  Not sure if anyone has actually chrono'd one to put the velocity debate to rest.  Supposedly Noveske's barrel also had something to do with velocity so someone will have to chrono it with the same barrel, Krink on and Krink off.

That's not exactly correct.  Were you the shooter or did you see someone else shoot it?

This is designed to help the operator, not everyone else in the room.  From behind the
weapon on my 11.5 shorty, there is VERY much improvement over the A2 cage FH.

The flash is pushed forward as you say, but from behind the weapon it a lot less flash
than before.

From a side view it does not help flash much, but it does help noise.  

From the front, who cares what anyone in front of it thinks  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You know I KNEW Pat Rogers, Tim Lau and Wes from MSTN were all full of shit.  Thanks for confirm it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Standing about 2 1/2 feet away at the shooter's 8:00.

That's messed up Lumpy Lol
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a Flash hider, But If I am not mistaken its main reason for use was to help the short guns run more reliable.  (on the other hand I have not have many short guns fail on me).  The flash reduction is very significant though, I would say close to a vortex.

Form what I have heard and Read from Pat, Tim and the rest, is that it does what they say.  If Pat puts a endorsement on it, its gotta be a good piece of kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top