Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 7:20:52 AM EDT
The only BUIS sight I have is DPMS mangonel rear (I also own the front as well) I am wanting to purchase a new one that doesnt take up so much room. The DPMS BUIS is the fastest I have ever seen, it will deploy as fast as I flip it up, no pin switch or button that has to be pressed. It is spring operated and works great but I am on the bandwagon for a more accurate meaning I need one that has the smaller peep sight, as this one has only the larger peep sight. some suggestions are exactly what I am looking for, also some pics will be my ultimate buying point. Ultimately, what is the fastest deploying BUIS?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:26:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 7:33:38 AM EDT by 02Overlander]
Many of us use the Troy rear flip-up. It's got a very low profile when collapsed also which is a great benefit if you want to run an ACOG

And my personal choice for a fixed BUIS (you won't get any faster deployment then this )

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:28:57 AM EDT
Well, if pure speed is what you want, then don't buy a flip up at all, get a fixed sight.

That said, if you need the thing out of the way, another vote for the Troy. You have
to push a button to fold it, but to raise it you simply flip it up.

And it's tiny.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:30:11 AM EDT
i use the knights 600meter buis.. best buis i have ever used
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:33:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TexasSIG:
Well, if pure speed is what you want, then don't buy a flip up at all, get a fixed sight.

And we have a winner! LMT or LaRue fixed BUIS. There is nothing faster than closing one eye to use irons. I have the LMT and it's bulletproof, pretty light too, even with the elevation and windage adjustments. MJD
Top Top