Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:37:22 PM EDT
I purchased this Colt Ar M-4 style all stock minus the goodies from a buddy of mine for $700 bucks. It has a National Match HBAR lower. I posted my pic in a thread called Colt HBAR and some guys jumped my case saying "Where's the HBAR?" I looked on Colts website and found that an HBAR is a 9 shot 20" full size AR I think. I just thought since the lower said HBAR it was an HBAR whatever that means. So what kind of lower do I have? Is it a good one? I am a retired Marine and I don't know what all the different civilian models are so fill me in on what all they are and which ones are good. Let me know who prefers Colt and why cause I have a lot of buddies at work say that Colt sucks and I always thought Colt was pretty good. I did't know that there where other brands like Rock River and stuff so why does Colt suck if it does? I only had about 5 jams in three years at 2000 rds average a month for three years with a Colt. It is what I used in the military and I liked Colt.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/huggies5622/Mybabywithnewupgrades.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/huggies5622/DSC00640.jpg
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe its the M4 barrel their talking about. I think....the HB stands for Heavy Barrel. But Im sure your about to find out

P.S. Nice gun
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt is good stuff, as are many others. Colt is the standard by with others are measured.
If someone is telling you that Colt sucks, then they most likely don't own one and are just jealous.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly

Quoted:
Colt is good stuff, as are many others. Colt is the standard by with others are measured.
If someone is telling you that Colt sucks, then they most likely don't own one and are just jealous.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Your buddies are idiots.  You done good.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well its no Vulcan...but it'll do.

A Colt with KAC rails, a SOPMOD stock, and an Aimpoint in a Larue mount, I'd say you did more than good.  Enjoy your rifle and drink the koolaid.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The Match Target HBAR came with a 20 inch heavy barrel originally.  At some point your upper or just your barrel on the upper was changed.  You have a good rifle there its just been modified from its original form.  The A2 stock was also removed to put a collapsable type on.

It would have looked something like this originally

They named their rifles many different ways.  This is the roll mark on the side of the rifle above.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. When I bought the rifle it was in "K.I.S.S." form all stock. I added all the goodies over the past year and been learnin about it. Alot of people have animosity for the Colt. I don't really know why. I know when they are posted on the bargain board at work or brought up they go for about $1200, when I have seen other brands go for half that so I don't know what all the hub bub is on Colt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top