Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2005 6:42:33 AM EDT

I'm working on an A4 clone right now, and want to make sure I get the sling right.  I know a lot of Marines probably buy whatever they want before heading over, but is there one in particular that is issued or at least preferred?  

I've got a side sling swivel that mounts underneath the front site, and I need to know if that is the correct mount, or is there one that attaches directly to the KAC M5?  My mount is pictured below.

I own the Spectre Coyote M16A4 sling, but will that work with the KAC M5?  I'm guessing that it won't.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
USMC Standard sling mounts with the regular sling swivel not the side sling swivel

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't the Corps just recently come out with a new official sling?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes their is a new assault sling we are fielding.  Once I remember who makes it I'll post it.

Max
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
This one mabye
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know of a website that these could be purchased from?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
This is not the sling in the picture but appears to be very similar
www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The slings are made by Northeast Tacitcal. They are not issued to everyone yet. You can either use the older style sling, the two-point, or the threepoint sling that the Marine Corps is switching to. Slings are actually an optional thing. You can use them in any variation in which you choose. Its at the end of the day you had better have your issued sling.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been out for a couple years, but when I was in the options were the 2-point Garand style sling or just buy whatever crazy stuff you want.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#9]
i have a sling for sale in the EE that is the same one we used on our A4's in iraq. it is a Spec-Ops Mamba.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i have a sling for sale in the EE that is the same one we used on our A4's in iraq. it is a Spec-Ops Mamba.

I've got one of those, but I actually don't like it all that much.  I've also got the Spectre A4 sling, but I wanted to double check here before using that on my clone.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I was issued a CQB Solutions (pre-Specter) 3 point sling for my M16A4. It was a unit purchase though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That is a Specter Gear Armed Forces Deployment Kit w/ERB (200 BLK ERB).  

How do I know?  Because we sold them to them!

Quoted:
This one mabye
img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/A4.jpg

Good slings. I just bought one last week.  Works on just about any long arm.  I've got the sling on my M4, and the rear piece for fixed stocks on my Mossberg with a different sling.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top