Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2007 9:28:43 AM EDT
I am looking to put a parts kit on 2 of my stripped DPMS lowers and i was wondering what are the best parts kits out there for the money? I want a good two stage trigger for my varminter and a single stage for my carbine. What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had good luck with the ones from J&T Dist.  Never used a 2 stage so no experience with them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used CMMG and DPMS kits and they both worked well. I think that the CMMG kit was better though.  It seemed to snap together slightly easier than the DPMS one, but I would use either one.

DPMS kits seem to be the most plentiful.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard on AR15.com that Stag, Lower parts kits were the best of all. I have no proff and plan on getting a NOVESKE stripped lower in a couple of weeks and thought about using Stag parts kit. I email JT Dist. and asked them who make their lower part kits and JT Dist. replied back that they use kits from a couple of diffferent Manufactors.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS is what I use, would not know if they're the best but they work great and have good single stage triggers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have used several RRA lower parts kits. I have been very happy with each and ever one.
For fit, finish and $$$ you cant go wrong with RRA
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used RRA, CMMG ,DPMS, and Stag parts kits.  All worked well.  The Stag definitely looks nicer and is apparent that they either make theirs or have some threshold of accept/reject as all the Stag parts have an S cast in.  All the other parts kits are marked similar (same supplier????)  You can't beat a RRA NM 2-stage trigger, especially for the money.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used Bushmastrer, DPMS & Oly.  Of those bushmaster was the best. but the $44.00 price tag of the DPMS is damn nice too.

Anyone i dont buy complete kits anymore. I buy the specific parts i want and then get the rest of the internals alacart from Brownells.

No point in buying a complete LPK if I'm going to end up not using the trigger guard, Grip, Hammer, Trigger or Disconnector from the pack.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
So what is a good price to look for?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If you get the delare pricing from brownells they sell the DPMS LPK for $44.00

You can get STAG LPK's at Dennys for a fair price with free shipping. About $65.00 last time i looked.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top