Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:18:51 PM EDT
I need a nice case to protect my baby.  Preferrably no more than $100.

I want something I can take to the range that will hold my ammo/mags/cleaning stuff if possible.  Not major.

Post up some links or recommended brands/models.

Thanks.  Pics are nice also
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
DUPE
try the search option
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I did.  It brings up my post thread only when I type in "hard case." The search on here really sucks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
First thing that comes to my mind when considering a "hard case" is Pelican,Starlight or Storm.They are more than $100 though.There are cheaper cases like SKB that you could probably shove a bunch of stuff into along with your M4.

I would just save up a little more cash and get a Pelican/Starlight/Storm.Why skimp on a case for your $1K+ toy ? You can custom cut the foam and they are bombproof/waterproof/airline baggage handler proof.

I was considering a Pelican or Stralight,but decided to go with a basic gym bag with my M4 broken down and wrapped with a Army wool scarf.I have a small Army canvas shooters bag that I also throw in the gym bag that holds 6 30 round mags and maybe 700 rounds in boxes in the center part.I put my optic in a small hard sided camcorder case I got from Best Buy for about $15.00.After the basics in the gym bag,there is till plenty of room for other junk,but for all my cleaning stuff/parts,I just have a tool box jammed full of everything I need,this I keep in my trunk.

Here is a thread talking about Pelican and Starlight.As far as cheap hard cases,it seems it isn't discussed here much at all.Reason being (I think) is that people that spend thousands on a weapon, don't skimp when it comes to a case to protect it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
First thing that comes to my mind when considering a "hard case" is Pelican,Starlight or Storm.They are more than $100 though.There are cheaper cases like SKB that you could probably shove a bunch of stuff into along with your M4.

I would just save up a little more cash and get a Pelican/Starlight/Storm.Why skimp on a case for your $1K+ toy ? You can custom cut the foam and they are bombproof/waterproof/airline baggage handler proof.

I was considering a Pelican or Stralight,but decided to go with a basic gym bag with my M4 broken down and wrapped with a Army wool scarf.I have a small Army canvas shooters bag that I also throw in the gym bag that holds 6 30 round mags and maybe 700 rounds in boxes in the center part.I put my optic in a small hard sided camcorder case I got from Best Buy for about $15.00.After the basics in the gym bag,there is till plenty of room for other junk,but for all my cleaning stuff/parts,I just have a tool box jammed full of everything I need,this I keep in my trunk.

Here is a thread talking about Pelican and Starlight.As far as cheap hard cases,it seems it isn't discussed here much at all.Reason being (I think) is that people that spend thousands on a weapon, don't skimp when it comes to a case to protect it.

Only paid $800 for the M4, not $1k+, so I don't really need a $3948209482304 case for this.  Perfectly understandable what you're saying though.

I just need something to put in the back seat of my car, and bring out to the range because they require rifles to be encased.

On second thought - I'm liking the looks of the Pelicans in that thread.  Cool how you can cut it out and keep several uppers in there to switch them out.

Where is the cheapest place to get a Pelican case?

Something like this...
http://www.casesbypelican.com/1700F.htm

Will I be able to fit my M4, another upper, and mags in it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
SKB makes a wide range of cases at different price levels.  I've used them for Guns, Guitars and Scuba with good results.  Surf around on Midway USA--they have a good selection.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SKB makes a wide range of cases at different price levels.  I've used them for Guns, Guitars and Scuba with good results.  Surf around on Midway USA--they have a good selection.

All of those are about the same price as the 1700 Pelican
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I always thought a pickup made a good hard case for a 16" ar. Nice and spacious, and a lot easier to unlock. Also very mobile and you don't have to carry it
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top