Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2015 3:03:34 PM EST
Should they extend toward the shooters eye, or away from the eye?
...or doesn't it matter?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:35:34 PM EST
Cantilever mounts, meant to move the scope further out away from the shooter's eye while utilizing the limited available space on the upper receiver's rail.

Like this:

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:43:48 PM EST
Perfect, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:03:23 PM EST
Also, push them forwards (towards the muzzle) when attaching and tightening them down. There's a mm or 2 of play in pic rails and you want the mount butted up against the forward point. This goes for any rings/mounts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:45:09 PM EST
Follow the torque specs to the letter or you will have windage adjustment problems.

Vince
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:15:16 PM EST
Ok...my scope is too wide for those p-series mounts. I'm using an AR optics (Bushnell) 3x-12x and it's too wide where magnification adjusts, it hits bottom of mount.
So, I can use the mounts backwards which is putting the scope a little too far back, or try different mounts.
Anyone using this scope? What mounts are you using? ...maybe I'll start a different thread for this....
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:22:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/5/2015 9:23:21 AM EST by graysonp]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:34:07 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By graysonp:

You can use one or both of the mounts backwards if it's necessary for clearance on the scope. If you're using the Nikon P-series fixed 3x scope or other short scopes, you will have to mount them facing opposite directions so that the rings are spaced close enough to fit.

Example:
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/P-223%203-9/P-223DPMS3X.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Markmonkey1:
Ok...my scope is too wide for those p-series mounts. I'm using an AR optics (Bushnell) 3x-12x and it's too wide where magnification adjusts, it hits bottom of mount.
So, I can use the mounts backwards which is putting the scope a little too far back, or try different mounts.
Anyone using this scope? What mounts are you using? ...maybe I'll start a different thread for this....

You can use one or both of the mounts backwards if it's necessary for clearance on the scope. If you're using the Nikon P-series fixed 3x scope or other short scopes, you will have to mount them facing opposite directions so that the rings are spaced close enough to fit.

Example:

Thats what I like about these mounts. Lots of functionality with the ability to change the direction and mount a variety of optics.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:01:03 AM EST

Example:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Markmonkey1:

Example:

In that scenario, is there any advantage to using a cantilevered mount...why not just use standard rings? ...aside from the fact that I already own the p-series mounts :)

Top Top