Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 3:29:13 AM EDT
I was looking at the description of a CZ 550 bolt gun. It said it has a single set trigger. Could someone tell me what that is? Thanks.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Set triggers are sweet...

If you pull on the trigger (as the only operation to shoot the gun) you will have a trigger pull of anywhere between 4 and 6 pounds (YMMV)...

Now...
If you push the trigger FORWARD before you pull it, the trigger pull becomes MUCH less...Somewhere between 1/4 oz and 3 pounds (YMMV).
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a trigger designed to be pushed forward to "set" it. Typically, the unset pull will be 3 to 3/12 pounds but by pushing the trigger forward until it clicks, or "sets", the pull is reduced to about one pound.

FWIW, some claim the single set trigger does not maintain its pull over years of use as well as the older style double set triggers do, but I really only know what I've read and have NO experience w/ them, (my preference is Jewell 2 stage triggers for ARs or Jewell single stage for Rem 700 types).

Type "single set trigger" into any search engine and you'll find plenty to read.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
To add a little bit, the set trigger on the 550 is really nice for shooting from a bench or with a bipod, anywhere with a very good rest. But for most other shooting/hunting applications, it's not used.

I have a CZ550 in .243Win. Very, very nice rifle. All steel and very well put together, it's extremely accurate too. I oiled up the bolt and worked it a lot to break it in. I think it's now easily the smoothest bolt action I've operated.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top