Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:47:10 AM EDT
I tried to do a search, but couldn't find any info -

What is a Full Circle Carrier?  What do I look for? What do I need for my 6721?

Sorry if this has been hashed over -

5Shot
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have photos and more details here:

quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

An AR-15 carier looks like the two in the top of the following photo:

An open or "C" carier looks like the following:

Your AR-15 and ANY AR-15 will work fine with any of those three cariers....

The carier shown in the top picture at the botom is an M-16 carier.  It is not a good idea to have an M-16 carier in an AR-15 but in of itself that would not be illegal in most states and localities.  If yur Colt has a sear block, the M-16 carier may jam or fail to allow the upper to be pinned to the lower as the sear block will strike the carier in the area that is not milled out....

Hope this helps...

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you!

5Shot
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have photos and more details here:

quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

An AR-15 carier looks like the two in the top of the following photo:

quarterbore.com/images/ar15_sp1_m16carriers_sm_small.jpg

An open or "C" carier looks like the following:

quarterbore.com/images/ar15_newcoltcarrier.jpg

Your AR-15 and ANY AR-15 will work fine with any of those three cariers....

The carier shown in the top picture at the botom is an M-16 carier.  It is not a good idea to have an M-16 carier in an AR-15 but in of itself that would not be illegal in most states and localities.  If yur Colt has a sear block, the M-16 carier may jam or fail to allow the upper to be pinned to the lower as the sear block will strike the carier in the area that is not milled out....

Hope this helps...

Colt rifles built after Feb 2005 have been shipping with M16 carriers. Here's a copy of the letter from ATFe that clarifies the legality of it. The relevant portion for us is on page two:

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for that letter, I had never seen that!

Still, we need to remember that the M-16 carier is a M-16 part and that would be illegal in Washington State and perhaps other areas too.... unless that law has changed as well?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Still, we need to remember that the M-16 carier is a M-16 part and that would be illegal in Washington State and perhaps other areas too.... unless that law has changed as well?

As far as Washington state law goes, I don't see how an M16 carrier is any different than a FA AK carrier like the one that came from the factory in my Valmet 62.

I have M16 carriers in both of my AR's.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
page one says no page two says ok. Our gov likes it both ways.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Washington does not allow Class 3 - but this is Semi-Auto and has no Auto Sear, so it is still a legal weapon in the eyes of the law.

5Shot
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought WA has a law against any MG parts?  Hence, some places sell Parts kits w/o any of the FCG...  am I correct?  Now, I can apprciate that the carrier could be exempt from this so just curious...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi.  New to the forum and AR's.  Pulled this out of my first AR, so is this a SP1 type?  Is that good or bad?  And lastly,  it doesn't look like the standard finish but it doesn't look chromed to me either...what is it?   Has what looks like  a "D" stamped on the side.    Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm just one that likes to know as much as I can about every gun I own.  Thanks,

http://tinypic.com/b4ue5i.jpg

http://tinypic.com/b4ueye.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics., its the best my camera will do up close.

Ben  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Try getting a little farther from the subject with your camera. .  .
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Little better?

http://tinypic.com/b4utty.jpg

http://tinypic.com/b4uumt.jpg

Really,  this camera is junk!hinking.gif   If I didn't have this BRD I would have enough money to buy a better one
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#13]
DPMS Chromed Carrier ..  They also make Titanium ...

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#14]
So its chromed, I guess I stupidly expected it to be shineyhe

Thanks
Ben
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
SP1 type a good thing...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Last question, but got to ask...."good thing",  because?       I'm learning! hanks,
Ben
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I thought WA has a law against any MG parts?  Hence, some places sell Parts kits w/o any of the FCG...  am I correct?  Now, I can apprciate that the carrier could be exempt from this so just curious...

There is such a law. I don't know the text of it offhand, but I believe it refers to "parts designed solely for use in a machinegun" or something like that.

Just IMO (I'm not a lawyer or anything) a carrier doesn't count, since FA carriers are commonly used in semi-auto rifles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is a bolt that is not shown above, this one came out of a Colt 6400C M4 Carbine Match Target
Yes, I know it's dirty...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top