Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 11:27:41 AM EDT
Ive got to get rid of some varmits or my dogs are going to get shot. So instead of being awake all night, I think itd be a nice addition to my AR if i just go ahead and get something to pop the neighborhood skunks, possums, and coyotes. I figure Ill not shoot over 100yds, so I guess a good cheap gen 1 or gen 1+ would do. Any one have a ATN Paladin on their AR. Or is there a better choice in the $500-600 range?

Thanks,
Chris M
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an ATN Warrior that I bought from the EE for a steal and it is so friggin great.  I have not really checked it out to 100yds yet as I have not gotten to an area that has low light and 100yds of unobstructed view with the scope.  It is really nice though and I am going to use it for Yotes and Fox at my fathers farm in Missouri this year.  The first tim eWe will be able to get those bastards when they are active.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I also have a QUestion about, those that are Rigel and are for day/night use? Are there any like that that can be used in the day time in the same $500-600 range by othe manufacturers? Oh yeah and 800Mtrs where or what is EE? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
"EE" is Equipment Exchange -- look top right or click on this link:

http://ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If the Generation 1 rifle scopes are anything like the monoculars and binoculars, they suck. Unfortunately I am not aware of any decent priced optics in the $500-$600 price range. You might be able to look around and find a decent deal on a Gen 2 scope for $1000-$1200 though.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
A-Men bro.
Bought a set of Gen-1 "Russkie" goggles. Fried out the photo-cathode twice. They don't stand up well to repeated muzzle flashes and their max life span is around 1K hrs. (That sucks)

Checkout ask.com, keyword; night scopes.  

There's some good chit to be had.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
i have one of the YUKON gen 1 scopes, have had it for bout 2 years, it works good, can get holes to touch at 50yards, it has a red cross hairs that are adjustable brightness, it uses AA batts. (cheap) and it runs silent. (some NV power up and run like a battery flash for a camera, ya hear a whinning sound).the picture is okay, not too bad, can make out shapes pretty easily, if ya can afford it get a gen II. clarity is much better.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4eff40ee93bd41cf27ca5424861b37bb/fc3a443f.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Dang Im such a retard, Ive been looking here for a year and always wondered why there isnt a place to buy or sell on the boards. Duh, I guess I never looked up and saw the EE(equipment exchange). Now i feel like an idiot for searching gunbroker, and ebay day in and day out. But Im thinking on the ATN Paladin scope if i can find one because it is the same platform all of their top gen 2, gen 3, and gen 4 scopes are built on, so in the future i could just have a different tube put in to improve it. But aside from that i dont think i need much more than Gen 1 right now. That is unless i get hooked on popping pests in the illegal hours of the night.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top