Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:04:22 PM EDT
I have a 30mm scope w/ a 40mm objective and want to mount it as low as possible to the rail.

What height rings do I use?

Med or high?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a nightforce with a 50mm bell and its mounted in medium rings which are .855 in height and its perfect, for my bolt action.  im using nightforce rings and thats the lowest height rings they offer making them their low rings but badger refers that height as mediums

the main problem with the ar is trying to keep the scope as low as possible without sacrificing cheek weld. when mounted too low cheek weld is uncomfortable and you will notice that it forces you to crouch your head over to veiw through the scope.

with the 1/2 height added from the predator rail i would suggest mediums. that would add the .5 to the height of the rings and if you are going with badger that would make it 1.35 which is a hair shorter than what badger recs. for mounting on top of an ar15 which is 1.4

i have used the mediums from badger for a supersniper which also has a 30mm tube but a 42mm bell on top of the arms rail ext and it works fine for me but a hair taller than perfect but for you it should be really close to perfect.

had highs on it at one point in time but it was very uncomfortable with the cheek weld.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool- I picked up a pair of Zeiss Conquest Steel (Warne) rings- medium height and they appear to fit perfectly- I'll post photos tomorrow.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top