Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 8:14:47 AM EDT
Someone (or maybe it was a couple fellas, can’t remember the user names) was going to do a thorough endurance test and comparison report on a bunch of AR parts.  I remember there was a whole list of parts including different optic mounts, FF rail forends, BUIS, vert. grips, flashlights, stocks, etc… from different manufacturers.  I think he was soliciting vendors and individuals for donated parts so he could run the tests.

This was many months ago, and I know he had at least some of the parts together because I remember seeing the pics, but I don’t remember ever reading the final outcome of the comparison tests.

Did I miss the threads, is this a project in the works, did he fail to collect all the parts he needed, or did the tests just never happen?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
TAG

Wasnt it CapnCrunch or someone like that
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it was Cap'n Crunch....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that sounds familiar.

I did a search on the name and came up blank though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I've been waiting for the information.  There is some on the site I've put up.  www.ar15reviews.com is the site I put up.  He IM'd me saying he was sending some reviews but I've not received them yet.  Hope for the best.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Ronin, chk your mail

Yeah, it's kind of a work in progress at the moment. Pretty much at this point I've put most of my time in one or two pieces of testing, and things haven't really panned out. I'm still getting my "first impresstions" together and such. I would like to add that I have broken more stuff, but just can't post info yet.

Working with time constraints with the MGs, ammo problems, etc, has proven to be a total PITA. I'm still working on it, look for more info later.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Someone (or maybe it was a couple fellas, can’t remember the user names)

How can you forget these great guys???
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Cap'n Crunch:  That sonofabitch is a liar!  My cereal doesn't cut the roof of your mouth!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cap'n Crunch:  That sonofabitch is a liar!  My cereal doesn't cut the roof of your mouth!

lmao!

Kisara, that  pic owns

There should be another review posted in a few... I submitted it, and Ronin'll post it in a few days.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lmao!

Kisara, that  pic owns

There should be another review posted in a few... I submitted it, and Ronin'll post it in a few days.

-Cap'n

C'mon Cap'n, we want to see some more busted sh!t!!

BTW, got the PRI front flip sight - damn thing looks like it's been through a war, but it cleaned up real nicely.  It is filed away for a future project.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
ya you fuckers are pretty funny.  LOL, I'll have the stock review up shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top