Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 12:38:24 PM EDT
I don't understand this statement.  Could someone put it in an firearms educated vernacular for me?  

"He also decried a provision in the law that critics contend allows owners of legal firearms to replace the housing for the firing mechanism and turn them into illegal assault weapons. He tied the loophole to October 2002 sniper attacks that killed 10 people in van Hollen's Maryland district, Virginia and the District of Columbia."

Full Text    www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/09/gun.control.rally.ap/index.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
who the hell knows, just more anti bs
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably means that you can swap out an upper reciever ('Housing for the Firing mechanism' = Bolt/Carrier/reciever) with one with 'evil' parts on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Write the goofball and ask.. Ill betcha he doesnt even know what he said..

Might want to tell them "you need to point the small end with the little hole in it at the target"
Maybe that way they can get SOMETHING right..

Edited to add:

Since its from CNN, email Wolf Blitzer and ask him.. That guy knows EVERYTHING!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What I beleive they were complaining about was that some companies, like Oly, would replace a "broken" pre-ban lower receiver as a repair item, and the anti-'s thought that it was constructing a new AW, and that a "broken" pre-ban was one less AW "on the streets". Because they thought that guns "wear out".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top