BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:57:11 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It is better off dirty than improperly cleaned. Do not grind in ANY matter with a napkin. Blow out or brush out debris first.  Lens pen has a little brush. I use then a 'huff' of breath and a Kleenex. A spritz of windex can help get oily substances off or if it is really bad.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Windex or alcohol and Qtips.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I use R.O.R. (residual oil remover) and a big microfiber cloth - same stuff I use for cleaning camera lenses.

I just wanted to see what other's take on the subject was.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Lens Pen
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Is R.O.R. a camera shop product?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. You can buy it from Adorama.com

It's like $8 I believe - I have 5 cameras and 3 scoped rifles and my current bottle has lasted me over two years.

Microfiber cloths are more in the $12 range, and it's a good idea to have several. I prefer the big, fluffy, imported ones also sold by Adorama.

R.O.R. - Adorama

Microfiber Cloth - Adorama

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a handful of eyeglass cleaning kits from Kaiser...about the only useful thing I've ever gotten from them.  It has a cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth.  Works great.  Best of all, they were free.  (well, if you forget my $374 monthly premium, that is ).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top