Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:40:25 PM EDT
Hello All!
I am new here and just found out about this site from my cousin. I think it’s great!

Anyway I am not trying to advertise, more research, but I would like to know what the opinions are of the public of my new tools coming out! You know friends and family always tell you its great.
What do you think of my current and future tools?  I am really proud of the ARMT. It really doesn’t look like much but it is really handy. I worked on this with a recently retired Staff Sergeant from the Army Rangers.
Here is my site. Enjoy! http://www.m34tactical.com/

Teams member and admins if you feel I am doing something wrong please remove this post and let me know. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Hasn't this been posted already?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Really? not be me!
I can search for this right?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Happy to be here!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of the stuff looks good. I think the idea of a vert grip with a knife inside is cool but that design doesn't look practical. If it looked like a regular vertgrip, it would be less likely to snag on something or open accidentally.
The wrench needs a collapsable stock removal tool (castle nut). Take a look at the DPMS Armorers Wrench, they hit the bullseye on that one.
Good luck! Welcome
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
All that fancy stuff and nothing to remove a castle nut ....
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow thanks for the input!
The wrench really wasn't made for the AR, just for a carry for like a bail-out bag or in your car. Strange thing,  I have been using the wrench proto-type to fix the neighbor kids bikes. The Vert Grip has been and idea I have playin with for a while. Yea the knife part I have really been kicking around. I liked the idea of the push dagger for grip for the user and possible mono-pod. But like you said it could snag someithing. Thanks Again!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#8]
this attempt is better than the last, as least this time you're being honest
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
All you need is a military contract and I will wind up with another batch of "neat items that only weigh 3 oz" to put in my RFI bag which by the time I weigh all the 3oz items will be 3 bags of 110lb each.  Gerber and Leatherman and Otis all come RFI......

Is your item going to have a market or is the market full?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All that fancy stuff and nothing to remove a castle nut ....

Or a flash hider.
Or the end of an A2 rifle length buffer tube.
Or a barrel nut.
Or a free float barrel nut.
Or anything else that the DPMS multi tool already does real well.

# Push out Takedown pins
# Remove Firing Pin
# Remove bolt cam
# Remove bolt assembly from carrier

You're listing a bunch of stuff that doesn't need a tool in the first place.  
Who really uses a TOOL for the above actions?  Anyone?
How hard is it to simply pull a bolt out of the carrier with your bare hand?
That multi tool is little more than a bulky allen set, that can be had in a MUCH smaller, cheaper, and more practical package.  I'm not going to carry this club looking tool in place of a couple small allen wrenches.
I don't see where the "multi" part fits in.  The DPMS wrench already exists, and works great.  Has everything that this new tool doesn't.

The vertical grip looks very impractical.  It's long and wide, and has an extra three feet sticking out the bottom from that knife handle.  The knife grip doesn't look like it would be stable in the hand, in a fight.

Sorry.  You asked.  PS, the knight rider .gif bouncing back and forth on the page is kinda distracting.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Very Interesting. Thanks. Yes the DPMS tool is nice but big and heavy. I am not to carry that everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hasn't this been posted already?

yes its been posted before.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow thanks for the input!
The wrench really wasn't made for the AR, just for a carry for like a bail-out bag or in your car. Strange thing,  I have been using the wrench proto-type to fix the neighbor kids bikes. The Vert Grip has been and idea I have playin with for a while. Yea the knife part I have really been kicking around. I liked the idea of the push dagger for grip for the user and possible mono-pod. But like you said it could snag someithing. Thanks Again!

So the assault rifle multi tool isn't for my rifle?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
No the ARMT IS for your rifle and other projects, the Grease Monkey wrench on my site is not. The are a few different tools on the site.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Pending Striker approval.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top