Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 3:31:49 PM EDT
Do you have one?
Do you like it?
What do you like about it?
What don't you like about it?

I have a Trijicon Reflex I am looking to replace.
Thanks for your imput.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

Yes.

Bright, light, battery life.

Uses batteries.  Have to turn it on. Not rugged w/out the klunky guard.  Non-linear, friction adjustments.  Doesn't hold zero as well as the Reflex.

I consider it 2nd rate compared to my Reflex II.

My Reflex II is my grab-n-go gun, or my compact ACOG.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A dealer near me has both and I have tried them both on his rental guns.  The Trijicon is nice, but in bright sunlight I had a hard time seeing the dot well, and using the sun shade obscured my target too much.  The OKO was bright and I could easily still see my target.  

Uses batteries?  So what you can throw a couple dozen in your buttstock if you are worried about it.  

I would at a glance say the OKO is not as durable as the Trijicon....but for almost half the price of the Relfex or one fourth the price of a compact ACOG should you expect it to be as durable?

Not everyone is some kind of hard core commando that unlocks out of submarines and storms enemy beaches...seems to me like it would be good for most civilian or LE applications.

I'm going to be buying one to put on my shotgun for bird hunting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Corp Stiener:

The Trijicon is nice, but in bright sunlight I had a hard time seeing the dot well, and using the sun shade obscured my target too much. .
View Quote

The triangle version is easier to see than the  dots.

I didn't slam the OKO, I own one and think it's a great sight for the money.

However, batteries have a finite life, a way of failing you when it's most inconvienent, and what do you do if it's your home defense gun, leave it on every night?  If not, it's one more thing to remember to do when it's o-dark-thirty and you hear a bump in the night.

That said, I've had mine for about 3 years and haven't replaced a battery yet.

I would definitely recommend the OKO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The new military OKOs which we will have in the country soon, make battery life a non-issue.  They all come equipped with a pressure switch that can be positioned so that the dot turns on when you grab the weapon.  It also has constant on capability.

I put the pressure switch on my military OKO on the pistol grip, so I can fire with one hand only if need be and still use the pressure switch feature.
View Quote

hmmmm...I'll definitely be interested in that when it arrives.  As for the OKO I love the one I have on one of my ARs.  Works in all light and has never failed me.  Can't be beat for the price.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The new military OKOs which we will have in the country soon, make battery life a non-issue.  They all come equipped with a pressure switch that can be positioned so that the dot turns on when you grab the weapon.  It also has constant on capability.quote]

This sounds like the ticket!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the OKO but personally I would only consider it for a lightwieght AR.

If I was looking for a more rugged sight I would choose an Eotech.

The OKO with the cheapest steal cover with cost $265.00 plus shipping.

It's not hard to find an Eotech 511 for $270.00 shipped (OKO only beat it in battery life and weight).

I personally own both sights and would definately choose the Eotech. If the OKOs prices was better it would be more attractive,but I personally don't think the OKOs price is that great.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the input
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top