Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:24:49 PM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

This is a pretty basic question, but what type of threadlocker etc do you guys use to secure backup irons, light mounts etc to your rifles? I've always used blue loctite, but I'm wondering if there is a better, more modern solution out there. I've been using Blue Loctite for as long as I can remember.

One of my coworkers at Sig swears by red loctite on his own weapons, so I'm wondering what the hive mind consensus is here.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I use blue, but I've also used red sleeve locker for things I really didn't want to come off...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I use blue, primarily because I might someday want to get it off.  That being said, I don't have nearly the number of accesories or round count that some of these other folks have.  The only time I have seen blue fail was on a cheapo optic mount through the cary handle hole.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Loctite 242

Otherwise known as Blue Loctite to you nonindustrial folks.

Loctite 222, sometimes called Red Loctite will work fine also, but is really meant for small fasteners, but most accessory screws and such are relatively small.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thank guys!

I've used the same industrial sized bottle of Blue loctite since I was in my early twenties and I still have plenty left. I asked primarily in the event that something better had come along in the past 15 years or so.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
blue stuff for sights and FF tube. 100 MPH tape for everything else
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Green locktite
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top