Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2006 12:29:38 PM EDT
After helping dad trim some trees he mentioned that he has had some .223 ammo on clips in cardboard for years. He gave me a couple of clips to try and see how it shoots. He doesn't have an AR15 and won't shoot it in his A-Bolt .223.
I removed one round for a quick look. It is stamped L C 6 9, which I assume to be Lake City made in 1969. That's the easy part.
What was Lake City making in '69? Is this just plinking fodder or good stuff? Should I shoot it or save it?
I will look at the stamps on the clips later if it makes any difference. Does it?
Dad will probably end up giving me all the ammo. He doesn't have a lot, but there are several clips in cardboard.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
After helping dad trim some trees he mentioned that he has had some .223 ammo on clips in cardboard for years. He gave me a couple of clips to try and see how it shoots. He doesn't have an AR15 and won't shoot it in his A-Bolt .223.
I removed one round for a quick look. It is stamped L C 6 9, which I assume to be Lake City made in 1969. That's the easy part.
What was Lake City making in '69? Is this just plinking fodder or good stuff? Should I shoot it or save it?
I will look at the stamps on the clips later if it makes any difference. Does it?
Dad will probably end up giving me all the ammo. He doesn't have a lot, but there are several clips in cardboard.
Thanks,
Jim

55 grain Mil lake city. good stuff, will still go bang no problem if it looks good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks,
Jim

55 grain Mil lake city. good stuff, will still go bang no problem if it looks good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Good but not match, so not worth hoarding?
Jim
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]
in 1969 they where making 55 gr for vietnam war
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the clips look unused at least. Dad thought it was something special. His cousin, before he died, went on a buying spree- several Colt AR15s and a lot of ammo. I think this was left over after his daughters sold everything.
Thanks,
Jim
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top