Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 9:44:49 AM EDT
I have a rock river arms 9mm ar with rock river arms block.
Who makes a sten mags block?  Dose it work?
The new unmotified uzi block?  Dose it work better then the cut uzi in the RRA block?  I eather want to use the sten or UZI mags as I cannot aford the colt mags.  I want 100% function.  no rounds jaming into the barrel.  Someone please help
Gary
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll start by making it 100% for the "un-modified Uzi block, assuming your are refering to the "Hy-Tech" block.......

Quoted:
I have a rock river arms 9mm ar with rock river arms block.

Who makes a sten mags block?  Dose it work?
View Quote
[blue]
Refer to past postings, and the "tacked" thread at top of page........
Currently made by modification of Colt style 2 piece block set. The "mass produced" sets by Profgab is lost somewhere. Supposed to work like a charm.[/blue]

The new unmotified uzi block?  Dose it work better then the cut uzi in the RRA block?
View Quote
[blue] The Hy-tech block should be really nice, as it was cut in the well for Uzi mags, which normally fit Colt adapters a bit loosely, and havig to hope that the notch is cut at correct height for use in the various makers Colt style blocks. We are still waiting for this run of 500 to make it to market-- 3 of us are 1 order, due in another 10 days,,, I HOPE!!! I been waiting since March 12-2003!!!!![/blue]
I either want to use the sten or UZI mags as I cannot aford the colt mags.  I want 100% function.  no rounds jaming into the barrel.  Someone please help
Gary
View Quote
[blue]
For the most part, this subject has discussed in detail many times, I myself am going the Hy-Tech route, after finding out somebdy was going to make an adapter to use plain Uzi mags ($125 for the block--cheaper than any Colt pattern, and NO hoping for notch in right location at $15 per mag and $15 avg for somebody to cut) as I had the idea back in Nov/Dec-2002 to use a magwell from the people who were doing the M3 conversion on spare Uzi lowers.[/blue]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
~3-6 hours, a JRW 2 piece from Brownells, some hand files and a Dremmel, and you are all set to use $2 Sten mags that function 100% with no "volcano" action.  That is tough to beat.  For what you have to pay for an uzi mag I can have 5-20 Sten mags.  For a Colt 32 round mag I get 60 Sten mags!!! Plus the Sten mags are way more durable than the Uzi mags out there.

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 10 Sten mags I bought last year, blasted, parked, and no source for the already done block set.

I do not have patience to do hand work, no access to machine shop, but I do have an Uzi SBR and lots of mags since 1988.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
socom makes a sten block. i dont know if it'll work  with a rra upper. the thing works great with my oly 9mm upper on a bushmaster lower.best thing is no changes to the fire group.that and 5 buck new sten mags.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
socom makes a sten block. i dont know if it'll work  with a rra upper. the thing works great with my oly 9mm upper on a bushmaster lower.best thing is no changes to the fire group.that and 5 buck new sten mags.
View Quote

The socom block only works w/ the Oly.

The "Sten block" being refered to here is for the Colt style (RRA, ASA) 9mm.

And yes, it works fine.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top