Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:08:59 AM EDT
I am heading to the Tulsa Gun Show tomorrow, I have an AK 7.62 built on a Armory Usa receiver, just refinished, like new. What do you think the chances are I could sell this for enough to buy a nice midlength upper.  I am hoping I can sell it for $350 or greater, what brand of upper could I get for this fundage or what do you reccomend? Don't need bolt or carrier or charging handle. Just an upper.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am heading to the Tulsa Gun Show tomorrow, I have an AK 7.62 built on a Armory Usa receiver, just refinished, like new. What do you think the chances are I could sell this for enough to buy a nice midlength upper.  I am hoping I can sell it for $350 or greater, what brand of upper could I get for this fundage or what do you reccomend? Don't need bolt or carrier or charging handle. Just an upper.

Thanks

You could find quite a few uppers without B/BC/CH for that price.

Just look into the usual RRA, Bushmaster, Colt, Stag, etc. until you find one in your price range.  Shouldn't be too hard.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Many people would probably jump on the chance to trade a compelte gun for a gun part. Especially at a gun show.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I am wanting a NIB though. No one elses headaches.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you are just selling the AK.  I would take the cash and see what you can find on the EE NIB.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are just selling the AK.  I would take the cash and see what you can find on the EE NIB.

+1. Sell it and buy here. I don't trust a lot of gunshow type dealers. I know we have some dealers here that visit gunshows and sell at them regularly but those guys are not the ones I am talking about. Have you thought about listing it in the EE for sale or trade?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
hard to sell without a pic, even if you state that you will honor a 3 day inspection
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hard to sell without a pic, even if you state that you will honor a 3 day inspection

You can get a digital camera at Wal-Mart for like $50 that will take pictures.  I wouldn't recommend it, but in this day and age, everybody should own one.  They're cheap and plentiful.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
lol, yeah. the digital camera is on the list right after i secure an upper
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Got $350 out of the AK and ended up with a NIB RRA Middy HB. AWESOME!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top