Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2006 9:13:06 AM EDT
Hey gang. I need to get an AR15 that I can later add an upper that will be a sbr and have a telestock. Will I have any trouble with a bushy lower and compatability problems as far as switching from the fixed to telestock. Also will the ar15 upper be easily switched out for m4 upper.This will be my first ar type and I want it to be versitile. Thanks.
Squid
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey gang. I need to get an AR15 that I can later add an upper that will be a sbr and have a telestock. Will I have any trouble with a bushy lower and compatability problems as far as switching from the fixed to telestock.

No.

Also will the ar15 upper be easily switched out for m4 upper.

Yes.

This will be my first ar type and I want it to be versitile. Thanks.
Squid

The dimensions of the buffer tubes are the same for both carbine and rifle. You can just remove the butt stock of your rifle and replace it with a carbine tube, buffer and spring.

If you mean are all uppers the same in terms of specs, then the answer is yes. All uppers are the same whether they have a rifle, mid length or carbine barrel. You can even use (i assume you have a rifle) your existing upper and just change the barrel to a 10.5 or 11.5.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top