Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:27:20 PM EST
My RRA Tac Car A4 has a staked on castle nut. I dont feel like messing with it or cutting it to remove it since it has a full warranty ( limited lifetime ). Dont want them to deny me any service for a missing castle nut.

I want to get a clamp on type sling plate for a single point.  Ive been looking around and cant seem to narrow down a good one. Anyone have one or have experience with one?

Thanks in advance.
cmmg
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 6:56:42 PM EST
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:10:13 PM EST
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:05:05 PM EST
[#3]
has anyone used this one.  I too have been considering this one.  Also are all rra like this.  I was under the impression that I could just removed the nut and replace that back plate.  I have the elite CAR A4 if that matters.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:21:55 AM EST
[#4]
Thanks guys. I saw an MI on the EE and bought it from a member here. 30 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:02:18 AM EST
[#5]
I have a MI clamp that accepts the H&K hook and it has worked fine for that last couple of years. I would recommend them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:34:14 AM EST
[#6]
Here it is on my Bushy. It has the quick disconnect button. I haven't had a single issue with it.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/docholiday29/CIMG3735.jpg

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:36:37 AM EST
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:02:09 AM EST
[#8]
What do you guys think about the GG&G clamp-on model? It's ambidextrous (I'm a leftie) so I needed to have one using both sides.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:19:55 AM EST
[#9]

Nice pic Nub29! Same set up I have on my LMT.. excellent quality, no sharp edges....
It also closes up that "gap" between the edge of the stock and the back of the receiver

Even though it is a "clamp on" it does not interferw with the charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:22:55 AM EST
[#10]

Quoted:
What do you guys think about the GG&G clamp-on model? It's ambidextrous (I'm a leftie) so I needed to have one using both sides.

The one above at Aims is ambi. That said, I'm sure the GG&G is a quality piece of gear given their rep., but I have no personal experience with it.

EDIT: The MI piece in my LINK above is ambi.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:13:17 AM EST
[#11]
You bet - CopM4. The stock fits snug up against it and covers the threads. It is ambi. so it will attach from both sides. Fits very solid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top