Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:14:05 AM EDT
I'm trying to put together a rifle from a Bushmaster lower.  Any suggestions on what upper fits best?  Looking to spend 500 or less for a new complete upper assembly.  Looking for a 20" or 24" length, flat top.  I dont care what kind of handguards are on it.  I want to use it for long range target shooting.  I will be using by-pods.  If you got any ideas that go over 500 but under 600 post them as well.  600 is my max.  Thanks much...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Any upper will work that has mil-spec pivot holes.  I have found that CMT are a pretty good color match.  

If your limit is 5-600 bones, I would get one of the new Bravo Company Mfg (BCM) upper and have them put a Yankee Hill free float rail system on it.  That should be a good start, though you might require a heavier barrel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... If your limit is 5-600 bones, I would get one of the new Bravo Company Mfg (BCM) upper and have them put a Yankee Hill free float rail system on it.  That should be a good start, though you might require a heavier barrel.

I went that route for my 6.8SPC (Bravo Co. build, YHM FF forend, railed FSB) and I was very favorably impressed with the quality of their build, FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
cmt
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will browse BCM.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
i think bushy uppers fit well on bushy lowers
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i think bushy uppers fit well on bushy lowers

Thats what I love about this place, theres always somebody that will put a smile on your face.

I guess I should have made that clear in the post earlier"other than Bushmaster upper"...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top