Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/15/2004 9:20:22 AM EST
I would prefer the unit turn on at the last setting and run off of lithium 123's.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:30:45 AM EST
I'd like to see a different type of integral mounting system built into it.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:36:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:43:17 AM EST
How about a 4 moa red dot to win over some Aimpoint users?
Or better yet a multi reticle model with both!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:51:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:02:28 AM EST
How about a revised price so that I can have one!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:06:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By strick909:
How about a 4 moa red dot....?

That's one of the reasons I chose the Eotech over the aimpoint. The circle is fast, the 1MOA dot is precise. Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:06:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

How about dumping the auto shut off and getting some controls that are usable under stress?

Pushing a button too difficult?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:35:28 AM EST
Sharper reticle
Integrated throw lever mount
Factory lower 1/3 cowhitness
4 MOA only reticle

I want to see the magnifier already.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:41:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:45:57 AM EST
About a $100 price drop would be lovely for starters!

Actually maybe a dedicated on/off switch on the left side, something not too big that would be knocked around or accidentally turned off, but something a little easier and bigger to manipulate. Some folks have the LaRue mount and a BUIS mounted. When the magnifier comes out, I would suspect that access to the controls would be kind of tight. Also, anything to improve battery life would be welcome. It would be great to get to the point where you just leave the thing on all the time and replace batteries every 3-4 months or so.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:16:51 PM EST
Round

IO1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:07:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By bigkracka:

How about dumping the auto shut off and getting some controls that are usable under stress?

Pushing a button too difficult?

When wearing gloves, and in need, I much prefer rotating an easily accessed knob thats not partially blocked by my BUIS.

True
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:14:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By SMGLee:
AA batteries are at the request of the military, it matches the batteries used in their NVG and IR laser.

Almost everything I carry uses AA's
NVG's
Flashlights
Lip Light

They are the easiest batteries to get ahold of...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:26:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/15/2004 6:28:09 PM EST by The_Friendly_Sponge]
1. I too, would like to see my EOTech remember its last illumination setting.

2. I'm not overly fond of the rubber buttons. It's pretty easy to adjust the illumination, but it's kind of a hassle to hit both buttons to turn the unit off. Being that the buttons have to be pressed pretty far into their sockets, I think wearing gloves would make this more difficult.

Other than the above mentioned items, I'm very happy with my EOThingy. I'll take the reticle over the AimPoint 4 MOA dot any day. Though, if the AimPoint came with the EOTech's reticle I might be tempted to choose the AimPoint instead.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:42:54 PM EST
I just picked up a 512/F today, and my first thought was wow, I can use 2 eyes, compared to my TA01. Haven't shot it yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Now the big ? is, will I like it enough to part with my ACOG since I rarely shoot over 100 yds.?. We'll see.
By the way, a big +1 for Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson. Great guys to do business with.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:37:25 PM EST
Ok if I can dream...

I like the use of the AAs - they have more mAh than 123s, and you can use rechargeables (not to mention all my other gear uses AAs).

I would love it if they could incorporate the LaRue mount into the body (to get that bit more of height and possibly lower the weight a bit). But I can certainly live with it the way it is.

Longer battery life & sharper reticule. I don't mind what I have now - and the current revision has 2x the battery life, a brighter reticule, and it's sharper.

I think Lumpy hit on somthing with the controls. The button's are't bad, but I think the interface could be improved.

I'd also like a light sensor - so the sight automatically brightens 4-5 steps when enough light is around (and have the amount of light needed adjustable like the Falcon sight had). That way I could keep my EOTech at a lower setting at night (so it doesn't project red on me) but the reticule will brighten when my Surefire comes on.

Lower the weight if possible, 11oz is on the porky side (add 3 more oz if you use the LaRue).

Oh yeah - release the magnifier already!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:42:30 PM EST
Range finder reticle overlay that could be turned on and off by pushing a button.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:28:48 PM EST
Maybe I'm asking too much, or others see no need, but if the batter cover was made of aluminum instead of plastic, I'd be sold, and I think Aimpoint would loose a LOT of business.

-U-
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:37:29 PM EST
Four MOA dot. The current reticle works inside or 25m, but so does my Aimpoint. It doesnt work at a distance, the reticle blocks my view and slows me down.

Also, a shutoff that can be hit easily with one hand. While pointing the rifle downrange, and trying to shut it off, I have had trouble.

Also a clearer reticle would be nice, without the fuzziness. No, my eyes aren't bad, and my Aimpoint isn't like this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:10:28 AM EST
I think the reticle is great- and the fuzzyness i can deal with- I hardly notice it actually...

AAs are a good choice- Easy to get...

The interface is the only thing I would work on- mabye a button in front of the window on top where you can just press it- it would turn the sight on and off plus remember last setting... then put the brighter/dimmer buttons on the side- quicker to get to plus much easier once the magnifier comes out I would think... mabye put the NV button on a side or up front.... Just throwing out ideas here but I don't think you would hit them by accident there....

Also the auto-dim thing would be nice...as long as it went to the correct setting- which none of us will ever agree on...

As it is now the EOTech is an outstanding sight, but the buttons are a little hard to get to...

The auto-shut off I like but if they're gonna keep the same interface...mabye one that turns off in 8 hours and one that stays on... the down button for auto off and the up button for always on... that would be a better way I would think.

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:39:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Forest:
I'd also like a light sensor - so the sight automatically brightens 4-5 steps when enough light is around (and have the amount of light needed adjustable like the Falcon sight had). That way I could keep my EOTech at a lower setting at night (so it doesn't project red on me) but the reticule will brighten when my Surefire comes on.

Hmmm. hadn't thought about that one. Great idea, Forest...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:52:24 AM EST
Wow, good suggestions.

Changing to a dial like the Aimpoint would be impossible since the way the Eotech is built. I don't know if a single dial button where the two push buttons are would work. When I first turned my Eotech on I was a bit bothered by the fuzziness but have yet to shoot it. I don't think it'll bother me.

Turning it off in a hurry I don't think is an issue.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:42:33 AM EST
How about reversing the design and putting the batteries behind the window? This puts the window further forward.

Possibly mounting the control buttons on top and recessed under the aluminum hood.

A version with one 3V lithium battery would be very compact and offer tremendous battery life.

Pete.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:45:28 AM EST
The only time I notice any fuzziness on my EOtech is when I'm focusing on the reticule and not on the target. Once I focus on the target it's sharp.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:14:24 AM EST
I would like to see a model that runs on dl123's as well. Use those in my weapons lights and flashlights. I agree on the intergration of the larue mount in to the sights.
Change the sight layout as well. Move the projection portion to the front and the battery compartment to the rear. Change the way the battery compartment locks. I think they could make a channel through the sight that that would allow the use of iron sights with the sight mounted to a higher rails, ie ARMS SIR. Also possibly a seperate on off button perhaps in the front under the protective hood, no need for rapid shut off. Aimpoint type control on the back.
I don't use night vision, but keep the seperate button to move the sight in to the NV settings.

Jason
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:05:06 PM EST
A single big side button to turn it ON but not OFF. Or off also but after a 2 or 3 seconds of pushing. I would rather deal with dead/weak batteries than accidently bumping it turn off when needed.
And Smaller footprint for the AA version.
I'd say lower price too but you can't have it all.
Top Top